[New Feature?] - Yahoo Mail breaking news popup?

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24 6:41 AM
    When I logged in to my test account this little window slided from right to left.
    (See the attachment)
    Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24 7:02 AM

      I just noticed the same thing coming up when I visited the Yahoo Groups homepage – took me to Yahoo News video coverage of the shooting in NY.

      [Attachment(s) from Henrique Junior included below]

      When I logged in to my test account this little window slided from right to left.

      (See the attachment)

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 3 of 6 , Aug 24 7:09 AM

        Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24 8:15 AM
          Maybe it is just an emergency way to let people know about this tragedy.

          --
          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
          http://about.me/henriquejunior

          I just noticed the same thing coming up when I visited the Yahoo Groups homepage – took me to Yahoo News video coverage of the shooting in NY.

          [Attachment(s) from Henrique Junior included below]
          When I logged in to my test account this little window slided from right to left.
          (See the attachment)

        • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
          Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24 8:42 AM
            This isn't new. I've noticed it used for breaking news, usually about a death or a crime like this one, for a few months now. At first, there wasn't a link to a story, just the headline, but I think this is the first one with an active link.

            Cindy in Ohio
            Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
            Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
            http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

            From: Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...>

            Same here, I'm watching it now.
            **Sasafrass452**
            http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
            On 08/24/2012 10:02 AM, G Pollara wrote:

            I just noticed the same thing coming up when I visited the Yahoo Groups homepage – took me to Yahoo News video coverage of the shooting in NY.

            On Behalf Of Henrique Junior

            [Attachment(s) from Henrique Junior included below]
            When I logged in to my test account this little window slided from right to left.
            (See the attachment)
          • Ruairi Hipkin
            Message 6 of 6 , Aug 24 11:00 AM
              I'm not seeing said new feature - although it might be because either:
              1) I'm in the UK, and thus the feature might not be in my area yet; or
              2) I wasn't checking emails at the time of the tragedy - although it did not appear when the verdict on Breivik was announced earler today, when I WAS checking emails.