Mail slows down and freezes

  • XLNC
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 17 10:58 AM
      For several months, my Yahoo mail has been slowing down and or freezing. Anyone else have the problem? Anyone have a solution?
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 17 1:41 PM
        What version of windows are you using? What browser/version? Have you deleted the cookies & temp internet files? Have you scanned your system for spyware recently?

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 08/17/2012 01:58 PM, XLNC wrote:

        For several months, my Yahoo mail has been slowing down and or freezing. Anyone else have the problem? Anyone have a solution?

      • Josie Lord

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 18 12:58 PM
                I have deleted and checked all those things you mentioned. I am not a novice
                User and I have had experts check my computer. All is well with all of my hardware. My email works well with Foxfire I am trying to stay loyal to Yahoo as a long time user, but this is getting old.....

                Sent from my iPad
              • km
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 18 9:01 PM
                  Are you by chance using ie9?

                  I had a poblem very similar when I changed over to ie9 (and even the "optimized for yahoo" edition) I went back to ie8 and did the whole clear everything reboot and that seemed to have fixed it.

                  For what it's worth, I am using a desk top, with Widows 7, and classic yahoo mail.

                  Kathy

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 19 3:48 AM
                    I just caught the tail end of this but i can speak about IE..
                    Once you switch to it or have it on your computer it is next to imposible to delete it.
                    I actually wanted to remain with IE 6 or anything below" but sometime you are prompted to upgrade to IE 8.. even Firefox does this.. So on another computer i did a format and new installation of XP.. it installed with IE 6 and i downloaded firefox 3.6.. These work best fo my programs.. then I turned of..[control panel.]. automatic updates..disable.. have no more unwanted forced updates..

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 19 5:35 AM
                      I think this is not a very smart thing to do - IE6 we know is full of security holes and you leave yourself incredibly vulnerable to hacks and viruses by using it. Even Microsoft has abandoned updating it a long time ago. Also, older versions of browsers work slowly and don't support most of today's website designs (not just Yahoo Mail) which are designed to run on the latest versions of browsers, so you compromise your own web experience in the process. This applies to both the standard version of Yahoo Mail and also Yahoo Mail Classic.

[...]

                    • Henrique Junior
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 19 6:11 AM
                        And, as I know, programmers today are very disencouraged to code thinking in IE6 and Firefox 3.6. Even level enterprise operational systems have migrated theis Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 10 (and remember that it is a policy to NEVER change the base apps in this OSs, but thei are forced to upgrade theis Firefox).
                        Also, there is a movement called abandon IE6 all over the web. Even Microsoft wants you to let IE6 die[1].

                        [1] - http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2010/01/microsoft-wants-you-to-ditch-windows-xp-and-ie6-for-security/

                        --
                        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                        http://about.me/henriquejunior