[OFF-TOPIC?] - Marissa Mayer Just Made Her Second Great Move As Yahoo CEO

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012

        It’s sensible for now. Whether it’s a great move will be decided based on how she uses that money, I guess.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

          > http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-just-made-her-second-great-move-as-yahoo-ceo-2012-8

          "Marissa Mayer just made her second great move as Yahoo CEO: she warned shareholders that she might not return to them the $4 billion Yahoo is going to get selling its stake in Chinese Internet company Alibaba.

          (The first brilliant move Mayer made was giving employees free food:"...

          Giving employees free food is a brilliant move? How about assuring employees they the layoff waves are over? - This will motivate the right employees to stay.

          As far as the dividends are concerned, isn't this decison in the hands of Yahoo's Board of directors?
        • sy1bzbn
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "oth" <ottawahitech@...> wrote:

            > ... Giving employees free food is a brilliant move? How about assuring employees they the layoff waves are over? - This will motivate the right employees to stay.

            No CEO will say layoffs are over. Not in this economy.

            Free food is a brilliant move because it sounds good, and yet it costs next to nothing. Also, it's only available on ONE campus. It gives incentive to employees at other campuses to stay for the next 3 to 6 months without costing a dime. Employee retention at no cost? It's brilliant.

            After 6 months, more people will get fired over restructuring and the cost for free food can be recouped from cost savings. Win win.