Re: [Y-Mail] Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2012

      omg ....sorry about that !
      i had no idea it would do something like this.

       i co-own several groups and i have a ton of mail in my inbox every day, so i mark my own responses in a thread with the // in the subject line so i can see if anyone replied to me
       ( so i won't miss their messages and maybe hurt any member's  feelings by not responding)...this has become a habit with me, but i can stop doing it here.

      sorry again..
      adds

      Ekatn,
      may every fibre of my Being
      be infused with Your Essence...
      You looking through my eyes
       ever and always, always and ever.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
        Hi, adeomus,
        Thank you very much for your kind response. This is not mandatory, but is a better practice and I'm sure it will help the users of your groups to read their messages in a more organized way.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior

        I was just wondering if you manually insert those "//" in the subject
        of your messages or if this is something in my end (some kind of
        encoding issue).
        Since I'm using a mail client to read my messages (to take advantage
        of threaded messages), every time I receive one of your replies it
        breaks my thread because the subject changes.
        As an example, I have "//Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8"
        and "Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8", the same topic
        broken in two subjects.
        Anyway, this is just a friendly heads up because if you are changing
        the subject when you reply any message you are breaking one very
        useful feature (that Yahoo Mail dos not have, but a lot of mail
        clients do).
        Sorry if I'm going a little off-topic here.

        2012/8/2 adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

        > LMAO !!!!
        > me too !!!!!!
        >

        > Ekatn,
        > may every fibre of my Being
        >    be infused with Your Essence...
        > You looking through my eyes
        >  ever and always, always and ever.

      • AndrewB
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
          It's running fine for me! Why would that be?

        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012

            no one has ever mentioned anything to me in many years, and it does not do anything in my own inbox...maybe you have a more sophisticated system ?
            <G>..that's wouldn't be hard...i am the most basic of basic !

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 5, 2012
                ah <G>...i guess most of my group members and myself are too old for those things ..
                just simple e-mails