Re: Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8

  • ofinterest2me.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2012
      I am using Firefox and just to check have tried IE8 and both are running normally with no comments about wrong browser

      Kindest regards,

      Jim G
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2012

        LMAO !!!!
        me too !!!!!!

        Ekatn,
        may every fibre of my Being
        be infused with Your Essence...
        You looking through my eyes
         ever and always, always and ever.

        From: adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2012, 7:29 PM

        are you on Classic ?
        no one wants to talk to Classic users, they have cut us off and besides this group
        we're on our own.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2012
          Hi, adeomus ********,
          I was just wondering if you manually insert those "//" in the subject
          of your messages or if this is something in my end (some kind of
          encoding issue).
          Since I'm using a mail client to read my messages (to take advantage
          of threaded messages), every time I receive one of your replies it
          breaks my thread because the subject changes.
          As an example, I have "//Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8"
          and "Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8", the same topic
          broken in two subjects.
          Anyway, this is just a friendly heads up because if you are changing
          the subject when you reply any message you are breaking one very
          useful feature (that Yahoo Mail dos not have, but a lot of mail
          clients do).
          Sorry if I'm going a little off-topic here.

          2012/8/2 adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

          > LMAO !!!!
          > me too !!!!!!
          >

          > Ekatn,
          > may every fibre of my Being
          > be infused with Your Essence...
          > You looking through my eyes
          > ever and always, always and ever.

          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2012

            omg ....sorry about that !
            i had no idea it would do something like this.

             i co-own several groups and i have a ton of mail in my inbox every day, so i mark my own responses in a thread with the // in the subject line so i can see if anyone replied to me
             ( so i won't miss their messages and maybe hurt any member's  feelings by not responding)...this has become a habit with me, but i can stop doing it here.

            sorry again..
            adds

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
              Hi, adeomus,
              Thank you very much for your kind response. This is not mandatory, but is a better practice and I'm sure it will help the users of your groups to read their messages in a more organized way.

              --
              Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
              http://about.me/henriquejunior

              I was just wondering if you manually insert those "//" in the subject
              of your messages or if this is something in my end (some kind of
              encoding issue).
              Since I'm using a mail client to read my messages (to take advantage
              of threaded messages), every time I receive one of your replies it
              breaks my thread because the subject changes.
              As an example, I have "//Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8"
              and "Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8", the same topic
              broken in two subjects.
              Anyway, this is just a friendly heads up because if you are changing
              the subject when you reply any message you are breaking one very
              useful feature (that Yahoo Mail dos not have, but a lot of mail
              clients do).
              Sorry if I'm going a little off-topic here.

              2012/8/2 adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

              > LMAO !!!!
              > me too !!!!!!
              >

              > Ekatn,
              > may every fibre of my Being
              >    be infused with Your Essence...
              > You looking through my eyes
              >  ever and always, always and ever.

            • AndrewB
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
                It's running fine for me! Why would that be?

              • adeomus ********
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012

                  no one has ever mentioned anything to me in many years, and it does not do anything in my own inbox...maybe you have a more sophisticated system ?
                  <G>..that's wouldn't be hard...i am the most basic of basic !

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 5, 2012
                      ah <G>...i guess most of my group members and myself are too old for those things ..
                      just simple e-mails