Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8

  • richard_snow
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1 1:26 PM
      Yahoo email was fine this morning, but now it tells me my browser does not support some new email gizmo. I'm running IE 8 and do not wish to upgrade to IE 9 as Microsoft screwed it up too much for me. The links to continue using the email that worked this morning both result in a "Done but with errors on page" message and nothing happens. I've tried both Firefox (with the same results except there's no "errors on page" message) and Safari which seems to work. I can find no way whatever to report this to Yahoo. Is there some error reporting mechanism? Is there some way, using IE8, to get back to the email version that was working this morning? Thanks for any advice.

      Richard Snow
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1 5:29 PM

        are you on Classic ?
        no one wants to talk to Classic users, they have cut us off and besides this group
        we're on our own.

        Ekatn,
        may every fibre of my Being
        be infused with Your Essence...
        You looking through my eyes
         ever and always, always and ever.

        Yahoo email was fine this morning, but now it tells me my browser does not support some new email gizmo.  I'm running IE 8 and do not wish to upgrade to IE 9 as Microsoft screwed it up too much for me.  The links to continue using the email that worked this morning both result in a "Done but with errors on page" message and nothing happens.  I've tried both Firefox (with the same results except there's no "errors on page" message) and Safari which seems to work.  I can find no way whatever to report this to Yahoo.  Is there some error reporting mechanism?  Is there some way, using IE8, to get back to the email version that was working this morning?  Thanks for any advice.

        Richard Snow

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • km
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2 5:45 AM
          You took the words right out of my mouth!  :)

          Sometimes I feel like the proverbial "crazy aunt that is kept in the basement".  LOL

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2 6:52 AM
            I am using Firefox and just to check have tried IE8 and both are running normally with no comments about wrong browser

            Kindest regards,

            Jim G
          • adeomus ********
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2 7:56 PM

              LMAO !!!!
              me too !!!!!!

[...]

            • Henrique Junior
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3 6:13 AM
                Hi, adeomus ********,
                I was just wondering if you manually insert those "//" in the subject
                of your messages or if this is something in my end (some kind of
                encoding issue).
                Since I'm using a mail client to read my messages (to take advantage
                of threaded messages), every time I receive one of your replies it
                breaks my thread because the subject changes.
                As an example, I have "//Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8"
                and "Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8", the same topic
                broken in two subjects.
                Anyway, this is just a friendly heads up because if you are changing
                the subject when you reply any message you are breaking one very
                useful feature (that Yahoo Mail dos not have, but a lot of mail
                clients do).
                Sorry if I'm going a little off-topic here.

                2012/8/2 adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

                > LMAO !!!!
                > me too !!!!!!
                >

                > Ekatn,
                > may every fibre of my Being
                > be infused with Your Essence...
                > You looking through my eyes
                > ever and always, always and ever.

                Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
              • adeomus ********
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3 7:55 PM

                  omg ....sorry about that !
                  i had no idea it would do something like this.

                   i co-own several groups and i have a ton of mail in my inbox every day, so i mark my own responses in a thread with the // in the subject line so i can see if anyone replied to me
                   ( so i won't miss their messages and maybe hurt any member's  feelings by not responding)...this has become a habit with me, but i can stop doing it here.

                  sorry again..
                  adds

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 4 10:05 AM
                    Hi, adeomus,
                    Thank you very much for your kind response. This is not mandatory, but is a better practice and I'm sure it will help the users of your groups to read their messages in a more organized way.

                    --
                    Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                    http://about.me/henriquejunior

                    I was just wondering if you manually insert those "//" in the subject
                    of your messages or if this is something in my end (some kind of
                    encoding issue).
                    Since I'm using a mail client to read my messages (to take advantage
                    of threaded messages), every time I receive one of your replies it
                    breaks my thread because the subject changes.
                    As an example, I have "//Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8"
                    and "Can no longer get to Yahoo email using IE 8", the same topic
                    broken in two subjects.
                    Anyway, this is just a friendly heads up because if you are changing
                    the subject when you reply any message you are breaking one very
                    useful feature (that Yahoo Mail dos not have, but a lot of mail
                    clients do).
                    Sorry if I'm going a little off-topic here.

                    2012/8/2 adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

                    > LMAO !!!!
                    > me too !!!!!!
                    >

                    > Ekatn,
                    > may every fibre of my Being
                    >    be infused with Your Essence...
                    > You looking through my eyes
                    >  ever and always, always and ever.

                  • AndrewB
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 4 12:39 PM
                      It's running fine for me! Why would that be?

                    • adeomus ********
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 4 6:40 PM

                        no one has ever mentioned anything to me in many years, and it does not do anything in my own inbox...maybe you have a more sophisticated system ?
                        <G>..that's wouldn't be hard...i am the most basic of basic !

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 5 8:31 PM
                            ah <G>...i guess most of my group members and myself are too old for those things ..
                            just simple e-mails