[OFF-TOPIC] - Say goodbye to Hotmail and Livemail

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2012
      You can try the new Microsoft Metro Style here: http://www.outlook.com/

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2012
        It looks very nice, though at the moment it's a change rather than an obvious improvement that would justify the hassle of changing email address. Still in sort of beta, so waiting for genuine killer features to be unveiled. Personally I'm very attracted by use of Skydrive & Web Office for attachments.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
          I've been playing with it for the past two days. It looks nice indeed. The webmail has nice features, most of which were available in Hotmail.

          However I have to say I fell in love with the photo and attachment search built-in Yahoo! :)

          What I like in Outlook.com this the minimalist header. I can't get rid of the big Yahoo! header, even when playing with AdBlock. I hate the message list in Outlook/Hotmail though. I like having the preview pane on the right side and Yahoo's implementation is much better for you don' have to scroll et tens of pages.

          Also I love Yahoo's powerful search engine... I know there are several complaints but it's working perfectly for me with nice filtering on the fly.

          Finally Microsoft did a good thing introducing labels/categories. I'm starting to hate my Yahoo! folders and the various rules I created years ago. It makes me click several times to see all my unead messages when I'm used to have a full list in my inbox and a background organization with labels