Re: Yahoo has a new CEO

  • wordsletters@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2012
      Sorry, there's not going to be any going back, like an old girl/boyfreind, you can't go back. Each time they make changes, especially this big, they are upgrading and the old stuff is part of old technology. I too, hope they don't merge with Google, not being a stockholder I don't care, but there is that financial bottom line to think of, and the new CEO is very good at that aspect. Vertical thinking is code for looking at how much they can slash at the bottom of the food chain to free up more $$$$ so the books will look better to competing companies. There will be more job losses, more cutbacks, bring your own pens and stickies isn't a joke, it happens.

      I honestly think it would be so much more energy efficient on our part to start figuing out how to make what we have, for free, work and stop complaining about the details that used to be. Black & white TVs used to be the way of the world, but upgrading has caused it to be practically obsolete. This is how change feels and if you can't cope now, just wait till you get old and you still aren't able to keep up. Yes, I am already there.

      Meg