Attachments In Group Postings - Please Help

  • ofinterest2me.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      I am a new member of this group.

      Name is James and I come from County Durham in the UK.

      I am group owner of 3 yahoo groups.

      I have allowed attachments to be used in group postings, but I can not figure out how this is done. I read some files that state you have to send an email to the group from your own mail program; to what address ?

      Could someone please guide me through the process so that I can inform my group members.

      I have seen on this group under attachments that there are several, so how do you put these into a posting.

      Looking forward to some positive help.

      Kindest regards,

      Jm
    • justkenneth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2012
        James,

        Besides posting messages to a group via the group's website, members can also post messages to a group by sending an email from their subscribed email address to the group's email address which is

        nameofgroup@yahoogroups.com

        To send an attachment to the group by email simply attach the attachment to the email sent to the group.

        Kenneth

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ofinterest2me.com" <langdon200510@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I am a new member of this group.
        >
        > Name is James and I come from County Durham in the UK.
        >
        > I am group owner of 3 yahoo groups.
        >
        > I have allowed attachments to be used in group postings, but I can not figure out how this is done. I read some files that state you have to send an email to the group from your own mail program; to what address ?
        >
        > Could someone please guide me through the process so that I can inform my group members.
        >
        > I have seen on this group under attachments that there are several, so how do you put these into a posting.
        >
        > Looking forward to some positive help.
        >
        > Kindest regards,
        >
        > Jm

      • ofinterest2me.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2012
          Kenneth,

          Problem solved

          Many thanks for your email. I was trying to send a message via outlook express using a different email address than my yahoo address and that is why it didn't seem to work. Having read your reply, I sent it from my yahoo account and it worked immediately.

          Kindest regards,

          James