[OFF-TOPIC] Hotmail is going to change

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
      I'm not a Hotmail user, but I do think that great improvements in other mail providers can make Yahoo Mail develop a little faster to keep competitive.

      http://www.liveside.net/2012/06/08/exclusive-even-better-screenshots-of-metro-style-hotmail-or-newmail-leaked-now-in-english/

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
    • guillaumebcom
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012
        Well Microsoft realized the importance of their webmail and have a wonderful team working on it. They sped up the development cycle those pas two years and have come up with a very speedy and full featured webmail. Way ahead than Yahoo! Mail now.
        The next generation interface does look super sleak. Considering those everlasting bugs and loading errors I doubt Y! Mail will ever reach this point. I guess it's more on the decline now...
        Yahoo! stays deaf and blind to our request. But that's OK, at least they had the opportunity to hear us. Just time to move I guess.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

        > I'm not a Hotmail user, but I do think that great improvements in other mail providers can make Yahoo Mail develop a little faster to keep competitive.
        >
        > http://www.liveside.net/2012/06/08/exclusive-even-better-screenshots-of-metro-style-hotmail-or-newmail-leaked-now-in-english/
        >

        > --
        > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        > http://about.me/henriquejunior

      • Sumit Mehta
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012
          I fully agree with you. Microsoft has shown real intent to prove itself and providing real competition to Google and apple. Since last two years and so, there are really working hard and throwing very good products in the market. But major thing is They are acknowledging their past mistakes and listening to the requirements of its ultimate consumers. New forthcoming hotmail is really nice and simple. Only negative thing seems to be is brand name. The word hotmail is not appealing to technocrats as like Gmail. That's why having regard to the pace of development at Yahoo, I wish that MS should buy the Yahoo so that we get good mail domains like Yahoo and Ymail. And at the same time we can have advantages of hotmail features like sweep, skydrive, office documents integration etc.

          Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

          From: Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...>
          Sender: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:59:10 -0700 (PDT)
          To: Grupo Y! Mail<Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [Y-Mail] [OFF-TOPIC] Hotmail is going to change

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012

            I also totally agree.

            Hotmail realised a couple of years ago that they needed to innovate to keep people jumping to Gmail, and they did that very successfully. They have got a lot of new features, offer Exchange Activesync to all mobile platforms, and with 25GB of SkyDrive access and Office WebApps, it’s a very compelling package, dare I say it, probably better than Gmail, Google docs one. And the new interface looks interesting. With Windows 8 coming, if they play their cards right, they can convince a large number of people that this is the new “look” for PCs, possibly even attracting some users to Hotmail.

            Yahoo Mail is still good, don’t get me wrong, and it works just fine, but the majority of improvements have been behind the scenes lately, with much less emphasis on new, innovative features or interfaces, which is a shame.

            From: Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...>

            Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

            To: Grupo Y! Mail<Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

            I'm not a Hotmail user, but I do think that great improvements in other mail providers can make Yahoo Mail develop a little faster to keep competitive.

            --

            Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

          • Joseph Singer
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012
              It may be too late for hotmail.  At one time in my ancient past I had an hotmail account but haven't thought of it for years largely because that account got overrun with spam with no good tools to fight it. Plus people think that when you have a hotmail account you are an inexperienced wanker.  I know people who I used to correspond with that used hotmail and constantly I'd have problems with them not getting mail from me.  I maintain a couple yahoo mail accounts, but compared to gmail it really seems like yahoomail hasn't done much where gmail has a team that's always innovating.  Why doesn't yahoomail have a team like google labls to make innovative things available for yahoo the way google does?  Gmail's spam filters are so good that some people recommend people get gmail accounts and filter their iPhones through it since it's so effective.  I've tried to set up filters in yahoomail for terms and consistantly the filters do not work and I end up getting mail that I don't want from specific places.  If you're looking at what web mail people choose to be considered "mature" people don't choose hotmail and often they don't choose yahoomail either.

              On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

              Hotmail realised a couple of years ago that they needed to innovate to keep people jumping to Gmail, and they did that very successfully. They have got a lot of new features, offer Exchange Activesync to all mobile platforms, and with 25GB of SkyDrive access and Office WebApps, it’s a very compelling package, dare I say it, probably better than Gmail, Google docs one. And the new interface looks interesting. With Windows 8 coming, if they play their cards right, they can convince a large number of people that this is the new “look” for PCs, possibly even attracting some users to Hotmail.

              Yahoo Mail is still good, don’t get me wrong, and it works just fine, but the majority of improvements have been behind the scenes lately, with much less emphasis on new, innovative features or interfaces, which is a shame.

              --
              - -
              Joseph Singer, Seattle, Washington USA