Is this mail genuine?

  • Boeyong Promotions
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hi guys,
      this mail came at a time when I am already frustrated with YAHOO! Mail
      However, I doubt the authenticty of this:
      Someone care to comment?

      Dear Valued Member

      Due to the congestion in our servers, there would be removal of all unused Accounts. You will have to confirm if your E-mail is still active by filling out your login info below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

      User-name:-...............
      Password:-..................
      Date of Birth:-.............
      Country :-...................
      Current resident:-.......
      Sex:- ............................

      After updating your account information,your account will not be interrupted and will continue to work as normal.Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

      Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

      Full Names

      Use this entire address every time
      you sign in to!
      My Account
      Keep your account up to date
      Email Marketing Preferences Review, change, or opt out of the
      email you receive
      Mail Terms of Service
      Mail Terms of Service
      Privacy Policy

    • askey.erskine
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
        It is SPAM, and worse than spam, it is an attempt to harvest your logon info so they can hijack your account. With your password, they can steal all your contacts and spam them posing as you. They can access all your email including those in the trash but not yet deleted, and they can reset your password so that you cannot use your own account!

        Be VERY careful when an email asks for your password; look at the URL displayed in the status bar when you hover your mouse over the link(s). If the URL is way different than what you would expect, assume the message is both spam and a scam. Mark it as SPAM quickly and get rid of it.

        Then, you might be well advised to get paranoid and change your password just in case your account is already being hacked. Lock them out before they can hijack it and lock you out! Be sure to choose a difficult password!

        Best wishes!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Boeyong Promotions <boeyong@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        > this mail came at a time when I am already frustrated with YAHOO! Mail
        > However, I doubt the authenticty of this:
        > Someone care to comment?

        > Yahooo™ E-mail Verification JUNE 11TH 2012
        > Hide Details
        > FROM:
        > * Yahooo© Mail Alerts !
        > BCC:
        > * boeyong@...
        > Message flagged
        > Monday, June 11, 2012 3:15 PM
        >
        > Dear Valued
        > Member
        >
        > Due to the congestion in our servers,
        > there would be removal of all unused Accounts. You will have to confirm if your
        > E-mail is still active by filling out your login info below after clicking the
        > reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security
        > reasons.
        >
        > User-name:-...............
        > Password:-..................
        > Date of
        > Birth:-.............
        > Country:-...................
        > Current resident:-.......
        > Sex:- ............................
        >
        > After updating your account
        > information,your account will not be interrupted and will continue to work as
        > normal.Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any
        > inconvenience.
        >
        > Warning!!! Account
        > owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving
        > this warning will lose his or her account
        > permanently.
        > Full Names
        >
        > Use
        > this entire address every time
        > you sign in to!
        > My
        > Account
        > Keep your account up to date
        > Email
        > Marketing Preferences
        > Review, change, or opt
        > out of the
        > email you receiveMail
        > Termsof Service
        > Mail
        > Terms of Service
        > Privacy
        > Policy

        > Reply to: Reply to ymailupdateservice@... Send

      • Bill Todd
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
          totally fake
          if it was from yahoo they would know your sign in details like name address username etc, the only thing they don't know is your password.
          any emails that start with dear user/customer are fake
          any real emails will start with your full name

          plus if you look at the warning it makes no sense i mean how can you do anything 2 weeks before you get the so called warning

          On 11 June 2012 12:30, Boeyong Promotions <boeyong@...> wrote:

          Hi guys,
          this mail came at a time when I am already frustrated with YAHOO! Mail
          However, I doubt the authenticty of this:
          Someone care to comment?

          Dear Valued Member

          Due to the congestion in our servers, there would be removal of all unused Accounts. You will have to confirm if your E-mail is still active by filling out your login info below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

          User-name:-...............
          Password:-..................
          Date of Birth:-.............
          Country :-...................
          Current resident:-.......
          Sex:- ............................

          After updating your account information,your account will not be interrupted and will continue to work as normal.Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

          Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

          Full Names

          Use this entire address every time
          you sign in to!
          My Account
          Keep your account up to date
          Email Marketing Preferences Review, change, or opt out of the
          email you receive
          Mail Terms of Service
          Mail Terms of Service
          Privacy Policy

          Send

        • Sasafrass452
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
            This is NOT legitimate! Do NOT respond! Yahoo NEVER sends such emails, & they don't need to ask for your password because it's already in their system. The best thing to do is report this to Yahoo's security team at http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index;_ylt=AjkupXcAsTx4HJi3kVX7G6q5OSV4?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT

            **Sasafrass452**
            http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
            http://teamjay.proboards.com

            On 06/11/2012 07:30 AM, Boeyong Promotions wrote:
            Hi guys,
            this mail came at a time when I am already frustrated with YAHOO! Mail
            However, I doubt the authenticty of this:
            Someone care to comment?

            Dear Valued Member

            Due to the congestion in our servers, there would be removal of all unused Accounts. You will have to confirm if your E-mail is still active by filling out your login info below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

            User-name:-...............
            Password:-..................
            Date of Birth:-.............
[...]

          • km
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
              No only that... but surely YAHOO would know how to spell their own name!

              Spelling errors like that  are also a good indication of a scam/hoax.

              Kathy

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012

                i have been getting this too....and it is getting more and more pushy...
                now it's giving "last warnings"....
                i never even open anything i don't expect.

                Ekatn,
                may every fibre of my Being
                be infused with Your Essence...
                You looking through my eyes