Re: Problems with Yahoo

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ka1167" <ka1167@...> wrote:

      > And all that is different from the "tech support" of most big companies these days.......exactly HOW ??
      >
      > Unless you let them talk you into changing stuff on your computer not associated with Yahoo......or give them your credit card number.......I think the only real risk is that you will waste your time and accomplish nothing.
      >
      > Like I said, virtually impossible to contact anybody who is actually at Yahoo.
      >
      > Declining customer service = declining company......and short sighted management.

      The difference is that the poster misrepresented the company as Yahoo tech support, and the phone number as the one given by Yahoo.

      And if the poster was from that "support" company, and the post was a well-tailored social engineering spam, then the misrepresentation becomes impersonation. I don't think it's anything to be taken lightly.