Re: Problems with Yahoo

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
      OR....maybe I have visited the website and noticed that the same phone number is on the webpage? The website is for a company providing general technical support, and is not affiliated with Yahoo.

      BTW, the number on the post was WRONG. It should have been "855" instead of "885", and the company is in fact located in Philippines.

      Like I said, use at your own risk.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ka1167" <ka1167@...> wrote:

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > By the way, anyone affiliated with yahoo should have said something when they see that post.
      >
      > OR....maybe both points of contact are legit.
      > What leads you to believe that they are NOT ????
      >
      > Your warning is generally good but in this case, I think, just a bit misplaced.

    • ka1167
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

        > OR....maybe I have visited the website and noticed that the same phone number is on the webpage? The website is for a company providing general technical support, and is not affiliated with Yahoo.
        >
        > Like I said, use at your own risk.

        And all that is different from the "tech support" of most big companies these days.......exactly HOW ??

        Unless you let them talk you into changing stuff on your computer not associated with Yahoo......or give them your credit card number.......I think the only real risk is that you will waste your time and accomplish nothing.

        Like I said, virtually impossible to contact anybody who is actually at Yahoo.

        Declining customer service = declining company......and short sighted management.
      • sy1bzbn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ka1167" <ka1167@...> wrote:

          > And all that is different from the "tech support" of most big companies these days.......exactly HOW ??
          >
          > Unless you let them talk you into changing stuff on your computer not associated with Yahoo......or give them your credit card number.......I think the only real risk is that you will waste your time and accomplish nothing.
          >
          > Like I said, virtually impossible to contact anybody who is actually at Yahoo.
          >
          > Declining customer service = declining company......and short sighted management.

          The difference is that the poster misrepresented the company as Yahoo tech support, and the phone number as the one given by Yahoo.

          And if the poster was from that "support" company, and the post was a well-tailored social engineering spam, then the misrepresentation becomes impersonation. I don't think it's anything to be taken lightly.