Messenger

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2012
      How can I get rid of the little messenger box that comes up with somebodys name who wants to contact me every time I open my Ymail.

      I never asked for or set messenger up.

      I have been using ymail for about 2 years and it is only in the last 3 months it has started.
    • ka1167
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <elakenn628@...> wrote:

        > How can I get rid of the little messenger box

        Let's see if I remember this correctly......

        Someone has sent you a message; you were, no doubt picked at random by a spammer/scammer. You simply read the message but do NOT respond to it......and delete it if that is an option; don't think I remember a delete but that's probably because I haven't set mine up either.

        I've only gotten 2 or 3 in the past year.
      • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
          That happens now and then, even though I haven't used Messenger in years. I simply select "decline," then the system will block that person from trying to contact you.

          Cindy in Ohio
          Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
          Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank...Labrador Retriever

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
            Thanks for the info.