Problems with Yahoo

  • R. V. SHEFCYK
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
      I was having problems with myYahoo mail, etc and was given this Yahoo number to call to contact them.

      Yahoo tech support:  885-887-4669   or go to www.techsupportglobal.com (contact us page).

      I hope this will help you with your problems.  Yahoo has become quite a problem lately or you can use  Moxilla Firefox which may help with your dilemma.

      Good lock.
      Rose

      =============
      She (my Mother) was my teacher, my advisor, my greatest inspiration.

                         But most of all, she was my very best friend.

      And I will always remember her gentle touch and unconditional love.

    • sy1bzbn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2012
        Not to state the obvious, but if anyone called that number or visited that website, and voluntarily provided any personal info and/or passwords? Then you are on your own when your account is hacked and taken over by someone else.

        By the way, anyone affiliated with yahoo should have said something when they see that post. Were they all fired or simply not care?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "R. V. SHEFCYK" <janay1921@...> wrote:

        > I was having problems with myYahoo mail, etc and was given this Yahoo number to
        > call to contact them.
        >

        > Yahoo tech support:  885-887-4669   or go to www.techsupportglobal.com (contact
        > us page).
        >
        > I hope this will help you with your problems.  Yahoo has become quite a problem
        > lately or you can use  Moxilla Firefox which may help with your dilemma.
        >
        > Good lock.
        > Rose
        >
        > =============
        > She (myMother) was my teacher, my advisor, my greatest inspiration.
        >                    But most of all, she was my very best friend.
        > And I will always remember her gentle touch and unconditional love.

      • ka1167
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

          > By the way, anyone affiliated with yahoo should have said something when they see that post.

          OR....maybe both points of contact are legit.
          What leads you to believe that they are NOT ????

          Your warning is generally good but in this case, I think, just a bit misplaced.
        • wordsletters@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
            Thanks for this insight. I haven't used it but probly would if I wanted to speak to someone. Is there no place safe to believe what we read any longer? I'm at the point of discontinuing my computer at all. Just going back to the old pen, paper, snail mail, etc. As I struggle along trying to keep up with all the land mines of the virtual world and putting myself in more & more jeopardy with each key stroke, its beginning to hardly seem worth it. How has technology come so far in such a short amount of time and managed to screw up the world in unimaginable ways? Or is that the problem?

            Thanks for listening,

            Meg

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
              OR....maybe I have visited the website and noticed that the same phone number is on the webpage? The website is for a company providing general technical support, and is not affiliated with Yahoo.

              BTW, the number on the post was WRONG. It should have been "855" instead of "885", and the company is in fact located in Philippines.

              Like I said, use at your own risk.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

                > OR....maybe I have visited the website and noticed that the same phone number is on the webpage? The website is for a company providing general technical support, and is not affiliated with Yahoo.
                >
                > Like I said, use at your own risk.

                And all that is different from the "tech support" of most big companies these days.......exactly HOW ??

                Unless you let them talk you into changing stuff on your computer not associated with Yahoo......or give them your credit card number.......I think the only real risk is that you will waste your time and accomplish nothing.

                Like I said, virtually impossible to contact anybody who is actually at Yahoo.

                Declining customer service = declining company......and short sighted management.
              • sy1bzbn
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ka1167" <ka1167@...> wrote:

                  > And all that is different from the "tech support" of most big companies these days.......exactly HOW ??
                  >
                  > Unless you let them talk you into changing stuff on your computer not associated with Yahoo......or give them your credit card number.......I think the only real risk is that you will waste your time and accomplish nothing.
                  >
                  > Like I said, virtually impossible to contact anybody who is actually at Yahoo.
                  >
                  > Declining customer service = declining company......and short sighted management.

                  The difference is that the poster misrepresented the company as Yahoo tech support, and the phone number as the one given by Yahoo.

                  And if the poster was from that "support" company, and the post was a well-tailored social engineering spam, then the misrepresentation becomes impersonation. I don't think it's anything to be taken lightly.