Impressions about the new 'What's New' Tab

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2012
    After some weeks using the new What's New tab I've concluded that,
    despite having a beautiful and modern look, this feature is not very
    useful, as it could be.
    Not always, in my opinion, something designed to work in tablets can
    also be applied successfully to other types of hardware.
    Instead of focusing on repeating the formula of the tablets, if I could
    choose, I would like to have in my What's New tab the capabilities of an
    RSS reader (perhaps taking advantage of resources already present in My
    Yahoo?). I'd like to see more information about the people who wrote to
    me (who they are? what they attached to the message? what have they read
    recently?).
    Yahoo already have the tools, lets use it.

    --
    Henrique 'LonelySpooky' Junior
    http://about.me/henriquejunior
    Message 2 of 9 , May 30, 2012
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, km <emailkathy@...> wrote:

      > When you contacted yahoo- what did they suggest?

      Near as I can tell, there isn't any way to contact Yahoo anymore.

      There is a "Yahoo help community" but it's not much different than this.

      If you know how, please let us know.
      Message 3 of 9 , May 31, 2012
        very interesting and useful feedback. I still don't have this feature, so i'm guessing they're still testing it out. I like the idea of integrating features from th elong forgotten My Yahoo, but I suspect this is another product where they made a great start and then let fade away as others overtook.
        The contacts integration and their social history (via facebook?) idea is also very nice.

        Message 4 of 9 , May 31, 2012
          Em Qui, 2012-05-31 às 01:38 -0700, G Pollara escreveu:

          > very interesting and useful feedback. I still don't have this feature,
          > so i'm guessing they're still testing it out. I like the idea of
          > integrating features from th elong forgotten My Yahoo, but I suspect
          > this is another product where they made a great start and then let
          > fade away as others overtook.
          > The contacts integration and their social history (via facebook?) idea
          > is also very nice.

          I had sent 3 screenshots, but something went wrong. Here are the links
          to the images on Flickr.

          [1] - What's new in All-New - http://goo.gl/8J6UU
          [2] - Current What's New - http://goo.gl/K9qIA
          [3] - Next What's New - http://goo.gl/1Zvxp

          If you take a look at this screenshots you'll see that the most
          organized and consistent layout is, still, in [1]. It is easier to read
          and a lot less confusing than [3].
          In fact, in [3] we have a lot of information compressed in this little
          boxes and we have to scroll in this tiny spaces to see more info (a bad
          experience if you are not using a tablet). Still in [3], you can see
          that I have 55 messages with attachments, but what is the point since I
          can't read the entire subject of the messages nor can I have a preview
          of what this attachments are.
          --
          Henrique 'LonelySpooky' Junior
          http://about.me/henriquejunior
        • km
          Message 5 of 9 , May 31, 2012
            When I clicked on the HELP at the top right of my mail page I go to a page for searching help.  On the left side toward the bottom is a contact us link.

            That will take you to the for to fill out with all the pertinate info.

            Although everytime I have used the form I get back a canned answer (the first one is telling me that they received my email and they are extra busy but will get to me soon...) anyway the first answer is usually a copy paste direction- sometimes it works, but if it doesn't then I just write back and I usually get a person that will actually work with the problem.

            I can't remember when this hasn't worked.

            Kathy

            > When you contacted yahoo- what did they suggest?

            Near as I can tell, there isn't any way to contact Yahoo anymore.

            There is a "Yahoo help community" but it's not much different than this.

            If you know how, please let us know.

                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • km
            Message 6 of 9 , May 31, 2012
              GEEZE!!!!  Talking to a 3 year old all day has me confused on right and left!  LOL

              The HEPL is on the upper LEFT and the Contact us form is on the lower RIGHT!

              Soooo Sorry!

              Kathy