Re: What's with all the SPAM lately?

  • ka1167
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2012
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ginger <gingergmc@...> wrote:

      > I have seen the same and afraid to "opt out" because that says I now exist and afraid it is a gimick to harvest real addrsses.

      Well of course it is.
      You should ***NEVER*** reply to a spam message. NEVER.

      In most cases, if you pause your mouse pointer over the links in the messages and look at the address line at the bottom of your screen (location depeinding on your browser) you will notice that where it will really send you is ***NOT*** what the link says.

      Worse things than confirming your real address can happen.

      If these things are blocked at the server, then innocent end users don't have an opportunity to make a "mistake" when they get them.