Ghost contacts in auto-complete list

  • George Hutfilz
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2012
      Does anyone know where the auto-complete list of e-mail addressees comes from or is stored? It does not appear to come from the current contacts file. E-mail addresses that have been deleted months ago still appear there. These "ghost" contacts are most annoying.

      George
    • justkenneth
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2012
        Good question. I tried clearing out my Chrome history, cache, and cookies just in case Yahoo! was somehow storing auto-complete info via cookies but I still get the exact same list of addresses via auto-complete for a given key sequence and one of those addresses is no longer in my contacts.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "George Hutfilz" <ghutfilz@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where the auto-complete list of e-mail addressees comes from or is stored? It does not appear to come from the current contacts file. E-mail addresses that have been deleted months ago still appear there. These "ghost" contacts are most annoying.
        >
        > George

      • Rob Weigle
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2012

          >Does anyone know where
          the auto-complete list of e-mail addressees comes from or is stored?  It
          does not appear to come >from the current contacts file.  E-mail
          addresses that have been deleted months ago still appear there.  These
          "ghost" contacts >are most annoying.

          I am also experiencing this problem. I made a typo in an address and now it will not go away even though it is not in my contacts.

          Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.