Re: [Y-Mail] Scott Thompson (the new CEO) is out of Yahoo

    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2012
      probably very little change for yahoo mail, but uncertainty at the top can't be good for general running of the product team that we rely on.

      It  must be said that, overall, yahoo mail runs well almost all of the time. The only frustrations I have is that I want new & improved features all the time, but that is probably my problem. Otherwise, it is v functional.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2012
        The big problem is to have an unmotivated staff, who feel that the company has no direction - and really is what it seems.
        While Yahoo still has good products, many simply fail for two basic reasons:
        1 - Users no longer trust in new Yahoo products (except those well known, for example, Mail, Flickr and groups)
        2 - Terrible administration/publicity of products that are developed.
        Think about it: good integration between Flickr and Yahoo Mail could maximize the importance of both (share photos directly from my email would be great). Products such as Meme failed because it was a social network that was not integrated with anything: Yahoo allowed us to interact with Twitter and Facebook, but not with his own social network. Even the deceased Yahoo Video was not being used by Yahoo to publish videos in his arcticles (they used Youtube most of the time).

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior