Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Another build?

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 21 , May 4, 2012
      I'm in the new build (US version), but no Whats is new.

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      http://about.me/henriquejunior

      Message 2 of 21 , May 4, 2012
        In fact, some time ago I noticed that the tabs of Yahoo Mail are developed separately (you can see it, for example, in the new Yahoo Calendar). The only tab actually related to new builds is the Inbox and the others are independent. Themes and apps, also, does not depend on new builds.

        --

      • sy1bzbn
        Message 3 of 21 , May 4, 2012
          For what it's worth, all my accounts are with the new build, but only one has the new "What's New" page. There's a good chance that it's a randon rollout for testing purpose.

        • amolyneux_uk
          Message 4 of 21 , May 4, 2012
            Hi All,
            The updated what's new page is only rolling to approximately 5% of users in certain locales. For those of you seeing the new welcome page, would be nice to hear your thoughts.
            Thanks,
            Andrew

            Andrew Molyneux,
            Product Manager - Yahoo! Mail

            Message 5 of 21 , May 4, 2012
              I've uploaded some screenshots here:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/lonelyspooky/7142091661/in/photostream
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/lonelyspooky/6997516068/in/photostream
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/lonelyspooky/7143603009/in/photostream

              I believe that the best thing is the partial integration with Yahoo Calendar. We can see a list with events to the current day.

              Message 6 of 21 , May 5, 2012
                Thanks for the feedback Andrew. Nice to see that some of the discussions in this group are followed by Yahoo staff - hope that at times we provide some useful feedback here.

                  Message 8 of 21 , May 5, 2012
                    Hi Andrew,
                    Looks like the transition from Galaxy to Openmail is going well. Kudos to all of you!
                    As for the new page, the UI is fast and responsive, and appears to be well positioned towards touch screen usage in the future. But until then, the font seems too big and appears to be out of place when compared to the rest of mail.
                    Another complaint I have is that there were only 5 news items per load in each module. From a user's perspective, I was expecting the next 5 will be pulled automatically when the end was reached, and was disappointed when that didn't happen.
                    Then again I have been nitpicking. The fact that you guys have the solution ready when the competitions hasn't even considered the problem is telling. Please keep up the good work and I believe everybody in this group is routing for you!

                    sy1bzbn