New Y-mail Version Again....

  • Sumit Mehta
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2012
      Neo Version:
      Build number: 2.21.0.4402
      Build time: Fri Apr 20 06:11:48 PDT 2012

      Hostname: us.mg61.mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2012
        what is going on? As the version numbers go up, the number of fonts I can use goes down. Haven't even got Arial font!
        And still no functional improvements!

        Build time: Fri Apr 20 06:11:48 PDT 2012

        Hostname: us.mg61.mail.yahoo.com

      • Henrique Junior
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2012
          +1 on that. We are losing features instead of getting new ones.

          --
          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
          http://about.me/henriquejunior

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2012
            Looking at my own (UK) version, it seems I'm at:

            Neo Version:
            Build number: 2.21.0.4405
            Build time: Thu Apr 26 14:06:47 PDT 2012

            Hostname: uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com

            I also noticed the change of font names but I don't believe the actual fonts have been changed.

            Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I believe are the re-named fonts...

            San Serif 1 = Arial
            San Serif 2 = Tahoma
            San Serif 3 = Verdana

            Serif 1 = Times New Roman
            Serif 2 = Georgia

            'Courier New', 'Garamond' and 'Lucida Console' are still shown by their actual names.

            As to what Yahoo!'s thinking is behind this re-naming of the fonts, that's anybody's guess... :]

            Steve

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2012
              I think Yahoo and Blackberry have very similar trajectory. I think both are traving in the same boat.
              Both were leaders in their respective fields.
              Both have very loyal customers.
              Both have very strong technology.
              Both were unsettled by Google - Gmail and Android
              Both are again and again delaying their forthcoming products.
              Both are repeatedly  disappointing their loyal customers.
              Both are very soft targets for takeover by others - may be Microsoft.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
                Very insightful Sumit!