attachment name in utf-8 when using IE - very strange name !!

  • avrahamm2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2012
      Using IE 8. Problem started last week, I guess after the Microsoft patch Tuesday update.

      If I get attachment where the file name is in Hebrew, when i try to save it this is what happens:

      1. In the mail screen i see the file name correctly

      2. When i click on Download i get a popup from norton anti virus with the correct file name (in hebrew) that it was scanned ok

      3. When i click Continue i get the IE File Download popup with Open / Save / Cancel. There the file name is corrupted, something like this: =_UTF-8_B_15LXmdecLnBkZg==_=

      In Chrome it is working correctly. I download the attachment with the correct Hebrew file name.

      Anyone has idea?