Re: [Y-Mail] Blake Irving, Head of Products, is leaving Yahoo

  • km
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
      As sad as it may seem.... I would wish that they continue with Classic, with some support offered.  The number one option that I need is only available in classic- (I keep looking for a different email that offers it to no avail)  - after replying to an email being able to choose right then what to do with it, ie delete, move to a folder, go to the next message (thus leaving it in the INBOX) etc.

      Kathy

      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
        I don't understand your problem. I see those options in the "new yahoo mail", & they work just fine.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        http://teamjay.proboards.com

        On 04/10/2012 11:06 AM, km wrote:

        As sad as it may seem.... I would wish that they continue with Classic, with some support offered.  The number one option that I need is only available in classic- (I keep looking for a different email that offers it to no avail)  - after replying to an email being able to choose right then what to do with it, ie delete, move to a folder, go to the next message (thus leaving it in the INBOX) etc.

        Kathy

        Would some one care to cite some desireable improvements?

        __._,_._

      • Silk
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
          Yes there has been "talk" about no more classic but I'm still using it... And you?

          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
            OH!!!!!!  I haven't checked out the new mail recently!  The last time I tried it out I liked to never have gotten back to classic so have been leary of trying again.

            The last time I tried it out, after you sent the reply you had to go back to the INBOX and *then* you could have the options.  That was the problem for me- I want/need to do it right thereon the confirmation of it being sent page.  So you are saying that has been changed now?

            Thanks for the heads up!!!!

            Kathy

            Would some one care to cite some desireable improvements?

            __._,_._

          • Sumit Mehta
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
              Isn't it unfair to expect so much from Y-mail team ??? Lol... Instead  we should thank them for so much they offered... ;)

              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
                Agree with your sentiment. The wishlist is just that, not a complaint about the current offering. It's still very good, but just not being developed as fast competitors. This is likely to be due to management issues within the company rather than the indivdual competence of the team working on Yahoo Mail.

                Isn't it unfair to expect so much from Y-mail team ??? Lol... Instead  we should thank them for so much they offered... ;)

                On Tuesday, April 10, 2012, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

                > i'll second all of that please!!!
                >
                > ________________________________

              • G Sears
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
                  I just switched back to Classic Mail and the difference is amazing. Hated that new mail with the script running errors popping up with so much regularity.

                  Thanks!
                  Geo

                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 10, 2012
                    I am still using Classic.... I HOPE they keep it even if they just keep it up and running with the options they have now.

                    Kathy

                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012
                      Hi..You mention "support".. I've neer really required any support as most the things to be answered are right there in the upper left hand corner under help.. The few times I've contacted customer care I was referred there... So... Just out of curiosity could you mention any support you've recieved? I'm going to switch one of my email addresses to this new mail and see what all the fuss is about. Looked like a cheap version of outlook express to me?

                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012
                        How did you go about switching back..

                        I just switched back to Classic Mail and the difference is amazing. Hated that new mail with the script running errors popping up with so much regularity.

                        Thanks!
                        Geo

                        Yes there has been "talk" about no more classic but I'm still using it... And you?

                        As sad as it may seem.... I would wish that they continue with Classic, with some support offered.  The number one option that I need is only available in classic- (I keep looking for a different email that offers it to no avail)  - after replying to an email being able to choose right then what to do with it, ie delete, move to a folder, go to the next message (thus leaving it in the INBOX) etc.

                        Kathy

                        Would some one care to cite some desireable improvements?

                        __._,_._

                      • Rob Weigle
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012
                           >How did you go about switching back.
                          Silk,

                          You need to lower your resolution.
                          Start Neo and when yahoo tells you there is a resolution problem you need to go to older version and keep it.
                          When you start ymail in the future need to not upgrade. It will ask you every time you start.

                          Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                        • Rob Weigle
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012
                            > >How did you go about switching back.
                            >Silk,
                            >
                            >You need to lower your resolution.
                            >Start Neo and when yahoo tells you there is a resolution problem you need to go to older version and keep it.
                            >When you start ymail in the future need to not upgrade. It will ask you every time you start.

                            Another thing, after you switch back you can raise your resolution again.

                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012
                              Over the last umpteen year I had a few problems that actually required a "person on the other end" to help.  Most of the time I have no problems, and you are right- I go to the help screen.

                              Usually the standard clearing of temp folder/cache/cookies, restart resets everything just fine.  A few times it didn't and thats when I fill out the request form.  Then I get a "canned messgae" that they are experiencing higher than normal requests and someone will get back with me.  After another day or so someone does with a generic copy of everything on the Help pages, and "if this doesn't solve the problem please contact us".... I reply and then a dialog starts between us and the problem gets solved.  Kind of a long run around, but the few times I have needed it, once  I get the "person" the matter was cleared up.

                              I can't remember what the last problem was- but it was a long time ago.

                              Kathy

                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012
                                Found it here... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110621153653AADfk61

                                Geo

                              • adeomus ********
                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 11, 2012

                                  me too !
                                  no probs.

                                  Bastet

                                  (unknown author)

                                  [Y-Mail] All things considered I'd say yahoo is as good as any if not better..

                                  Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:24 AM
                                  From:
                                  "km" <emailkathy@...>
                                  Add sender to Contacts
                                  To:
                                  Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

[...]

                                • Harryh
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 12, 2012
                                    I'm just happy that I CAN continue using classic in spite of all the efforts to get me to switch.  Yeah, I know I'm obsolete.

                                  • tabawa@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 12, 2012
                                      No you are not !am there too!
                                      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

                                      From: Harryh <harryh89@...>
                                      Sender: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:32:00 -0700 (PDT)
                                      To: <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>