Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

  • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
      Hi -

      I get nothing when I select an email and it’s highlighted. I don’t remember where “Reply” button should be but I don’t see it.
      I can’t open compose, or What’s new.
      When I try to open Spam, I get a clockwise spinning  yahoo email 2 which never stops.
      I can’t sign out so have to X out.

      I don’t have any mobile devices.

      Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep current sign in info?

      Thanks.

      yahoo email 1

      Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

      Doug,
      You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

      Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

      >________________________________
      >
      > From: "
      href="mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net">mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
      >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
      >I think you
      were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
      and see what happens.
      >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
      button.

      >Thanks –
      Doug.

      >From: adeomus ********
      >i had that problem for quite awhile
      last year...the
            only thing that worked was REPLY !

    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012

        I sure hope it helps !!

        Bastet

        (unknown author)

        You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

        Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

        >________________________________
        >
        > From: "doug.knapp@..." <doug.knapp@...>>
        >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
        >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
        and see what happens.
        >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
        button.

        >Thanks – Doug.

        >From: adeomus ********
        >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
              only thing that worked was REPLY !

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
          What browser are you using? Yahoo Mail is web based, it's not something you can install/uninstall.

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          http://teamjay.proboards.com

          Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

          Doug,
          You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

          Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

          >________________________________
          >
          > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
          >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
          >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
          and see what happens.
          >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
          button.

          >Thanks – Doug.
          >

          >From: adeomus ********
          >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                only thing that worked was REPLY !

        • Silk
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
            sometimes a browser can be on the blink.. that's why i have three.. firefox..internet explorer & Opera.. why I've seen times when all 3 were out to lunch.. then try google..if that works you know you've got a connection. The computer is all about trial and error for the most part. If google is working go up there in the url slot and type in (for example) www.yahoo.com

            Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
              Hi -
              I use IE.   Then getting another Y mail account is only option, if I want it?
              At least I’m currently receiving mail and can tell who is emailing me so I can reply to some of them using this method.
              Thanks for info.  Doug.
              Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:50 AM

              http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com                   wonderful photos and interesting videos
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com               quite active
              http://teamjay.proboards.com                     even more active

              Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

              Doug,
              You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

              Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

              >________________________________
              >
              > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
              >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
              >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
              and see what happens.
              >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
              button.

              >Thanks – Doug.
              >

              >From: adeomus ********
              >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                    only thing that worked was REPLY !

            • figurewood
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 9, 2012
                I gave up and set up a new y-mail account.
                So far so good.
                Thanks for everyones interest in and assistance - Doug.