Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

  • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
      Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
      I think you were suggesting that I try to clik on Reply on an Inbox email and see what happens.
      However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply button.

      Thanks – Doug.

      Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 5:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

      i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the only thing that worked was REPLY !

      it lasted a long time, on all my yahoo accounts, nothing helped...
      but it went away on its own.

      Bastet

      (unknown author)

      From: figurewood <doug.knapp@...>
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 1:05 PM

      I'm able to sign-in, open Inbox, and to see listed messages, but that's all I can do.
      I can't:  - open individual emails
                - delete any
                - compose
                - open Spam - I get a moving clockwise circle indicator
                - signout

      Help anybody.   Thanks.

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • Rob Weigle
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
        Doug,
        You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

        Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
          Hi -

          I get nothing when I select an email and it’s highlighted. I don’t remember where “Reply” button should be but I don’t see it.
          I can’t open compose, or What’s new.
          When I try to open Spam, I get a clockwise spinning  yahoo email 2 which never stops.
          I can’t sign out so have to X out.

          I don’t have any mobile devices.

          Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep current sign in info?

          Thanks.

          yahoo email 1

          Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

          Doug,
          You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

          Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

          >________________________________
          >
          > From: "
          href="mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net">mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
          >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
          >I think you
          were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
          and see what happens.
          >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
          button.

          >Thanks –
          Doug.

        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012

            I sure hope it helps !!

            Bastet

            (unknown author)

            You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

            Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

            >________________________________
            >
            > From: "doug.knapp@..." <doug.knapp@...>>
            >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
            >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
            and see what happens.
            >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
            button.

            >Thanks – Doug.

            >From: adeomus ********
            >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                  only thing that worked was REPLY !

                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
              What browser are you using? Yahoo Mail is web based, it's not something you can install/uninstall.

              **Sasafrass452**
              http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
              http://teamjay.proboards.com

              Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

              Doug,
              You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

              Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

              >________________________________
              >
              > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
              >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
              >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
              and see what happens.
              >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
              button.

              >Thanks – Doug.
              >

              >From: adeomus ********
              >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                    only thing that worked was REPLY !

            • Silk
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                sometimes a browser can be on the blink.. that's why i have three.. firefox..internet explorer & Opera.. why I've seen times when all 3 were out to lunch.. then try google..if that works you know you've got a connection. The computer is all about trial and error for the most part. If google is working go up there in the url slot and type in (for example) www.yahoo.com

                Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                  Hi -
                  I use IE.   Then getting another Y mail account is only option, if I want it?
                  At least I’m currently receiving mail and can tell who is emailing me so I can reply to some of them using this method.
                  Thanks for info.  Doug.
                  Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:50 AM

                  http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com                   wonderful photos and interesting videos
                  http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com               quite active
                  http://teamjay.proboards.com                     even more active

                  Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                  Doug,
                  You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                  Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                  >________________________________
                  >
                  > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                  >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                  >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                  and see what happens.
                  >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                  button.

                  >Thanks – Doug.
                  >

                  >From: adeomus ********
                  >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                        only thing that worked was REPLY !

                • figurewood
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 9, 2012
                    I gave up and set up a new y-mail account.
                    So far so good.
                    Thanks for everyones interest in and assistance - Doug.