Re: Unable to activate any y-mail function

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
      For anyone who is facing similar problems, note that there is always the Y-Mail mobile site.

      http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/folders.bp

    • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
        Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
        I think you were suggesting that I try to clik on Reply on an Inbox email and see what happens.
        However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply button.

        Thanks – Doug.

        Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 5:26 PM
        Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

        i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the only thing that worked was REPLY !

        it lasted a long time, on all my yahoo accounts, nothing helped...
        but it went away on its own.

        Bastet

        (unknown author)

        Once in a while that happens to me.  *USUALLY* (LOL) if I close everything and delete all cache/temp files/cookies etc and do a reboot it all clears up.

        Kathy

        I'm able to sign-in, open Inbox, and to see listed messages, but that's all I can do.
        I can't:  - open individual emails
                  - delete any
                  - compose
                  - open Spam - I get a moving clockwise circle indicator
                  - signout

        Help anybody.   Thanks.

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Rob Weigle
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
          Doug,
          You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

          Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
            Hi -

            I get nothing when I select an email and it’s highlighted. I don’t remember where “Reply” button should be but I don’t see it.
            I can’t open compose, or What’s new.
            When I try to open Spam, I get a clockwise spinning  yahoo email 2 which never stops.
            I can’t sign out so have to X out.

            I don’t have any mobile devices.

            Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep current sign in info?

            Thanks.

            yahoo email 1

            Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

            Doug,
            You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

            Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

            >________________________________
            >
            > From: "
            href="mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net">mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
            >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
            >I think you
            were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
            and see what happens.
            >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
            button.

            >Thanks –
            Doug.

          • adeomus ********
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012

              I sure hope it helps !!

              Bastet

              (unknown author)

              You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

              Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

              >________________________________
              >
              > From: "doug.knapp@..." <doug.knapp@...>>
              >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
              >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
              and see what happens.
              >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
              button.

              >Thanks – Doug.

              >From: adeomus ********
              >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                    only thing that worked was REPLY !

                  Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

            • Sasafrass452
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                What browser are you using? Yahoo Mail is web based, it's not something you can install/uninstall.

                **Sasafrass452**
                http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
                http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                http://teamjay.proboards.com

                Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                Doug,
                You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                >________________________________
                >
                > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                and see what happens.
                >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                button.

                >Thanks – Doug.
                >

                >From: adeomus ********
                >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                      only thing that worked was REPLY !

              • Silk
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                  sometimes a browser can be on the blink.. that's why i have three.. firefox..internet explorer & Opera.. why I've seen times when all 3 were out to lunch.. then try google..if that works you know you've got a connection. The computer is all about trial and error for the most part. If google is working go up there in the url slot and type in (for example) www.yahoo.com

                  Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                    Hi -
                    I use IE.   Then getting another Y mail account is only option, if I want it?
                    At least I’m currently receiving mail and can tell who is emailing me so I can reply to some of them using this method.
                    Thanks for info.  Doug.
                    Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:50 AM

                    http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com                   wonderful photos and interesting videos
                    http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com               quite active
                    http://teamjay.proboards.com                     even more active

                    Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                    Doug,
                    You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                    Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                    >________________________________
                    >
                    > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                    >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                    >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                    and see what happens.
                    >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                    button.

                    >Thanks – Doug.
                    >

                    >From: adeomus ********
                    >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                          only thing that worked was REPLY !

                  • figurewood
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 9, 2012
                      I gave up and set up a new y-mail account.
                      So far so good.
                      Thanks for everyones interest in and assistance - Doug.