Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

  • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012
      Hi -

      Thanks for your helpful reply. I just tried again and what you suggested did not clear up the problem. I can sign-in and receive email
      but can’t open them and do anything else.
      maybe I should try to uninstall mail somehow and start afresh with same name/password if possible.

      Thanks,
      Doug.

      From: figurewood <doug.knapp@...>
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 1:05 PM

      I'm able to sign-in, open Inbox, and to see listed messages, but that's all I can do.
      I can't:  - open individual emails
                - delete any
                - compose
                - open Spam - I get a moving clockwise circle indicator
                - signout

      Help anybody.   Thanks.

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012

        i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the only thing that worked was REPLY !

        it lasted a long time, on all my yahoo accounts, nothing helped...
        but it went away on its own.

        Bastet

        (unknown author)

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
          For anyone who is facing similar problems, note that there is always the Y-Mail mobile site.

          http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/folders.bp

        • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
            Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
            I think you were suggesting that I try to clik on Reply on an Inbox email and see what happens.
            However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply button.

            Thanks – Doug.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
              Doug,
              You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

              Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
                Hi -

                I get nothing when I select an email and it’s highlighted. I don’t remember where “Reply” button should be but I don’t see it.
                I can’t open compose, or What’s new.
                When I try to open Spam, I get a clockwise spinning  yahoo email 2 which never stops.
                I can’t sign out so have to X out.

                I don’t have any mobile devices.

                Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep current sign in info?

                Thanks.

                yahoo email 1

                Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                Doug,
                You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                >________________________________
                >
                > From: "
                href="mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net">mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                >I think you
                were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                and see what happens.
                >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                button.

                >Thanks –
                Doug.

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012

                  I sure hope it helps !!

                  Bastet

                  (unknown author)

                  You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                  Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                  >________________________________
                  >
                  > From: "doug.knapp@..." <doug.knapp@...>>
                  >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                  >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                  and see what happens.
                  >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                  button.

                  >Thanks – Doug.

                  >From: adeomus ********
                  >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                        only thing that worked was REPLY !

                      Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                • Sasafrass452
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                    What browser are you using? Yahoo Mail is web based, it's not something you can install/uninstall.

                    **Sasafrass452**
                    http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
                    http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                    http://teamjay.proboards.com

                    Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                    Doug,
                    You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                    Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                    >________________________________
                    >
                    > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                    >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                    >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                    and see what happens.
                    >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                    button.

                    >Thanks – Doug.
                    >

                    >From: adeomus ********
                    >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                          only thing that worked was REPLY !

                  • Silk
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                      sometimes a browser can be on the blink.. that's why i have three.. firefox..internet explorer & Opera.. why I've seen times when all 3 were out to lunch.. then try google..if that works you know you've got a connection. The computer is all about trial and error for the most part. If google is working go up there in the url slot and type in (for example) www.yahoo.com

                      Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                        Hi -
                        I use IE.   Then getting another Y mail account is only option, if I want it?
                        At least I’m currently receiving mail and can tell who is emailing me so I can reply to some of them using this method.
                        Thanks for info.  Doug.
                        Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:50 AM

                        http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com                   wonderful photos and interesting videos
                        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com               quite active
                        http://teamjay.proboards.com                     even more active

                        Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                        Doug,
                        You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                        Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                        >________________________________
                        >
                        > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                        >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                        >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                        and see what happens.
                        >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                        button.

                        >Thanks – Doug.
                        >

                        >From: adeomus ********
                        >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                              only thing that worked was REPLY !

                      • figurewood
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 9, 2012
                          I gave up and set up a new y-mail account.
                          So far so good.
                          Thanks for everyones interest in and assistance - Doug.