Re: [Y-Mail] Unable to activate any y-mail function

  • km
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5, 2012
      Once in a while that happens to me.  *USUALLY* (LOL) if I close everything and delete all cache/temp files/cookies etc and do a reboot it all clears up.

      Kathy

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012
        Hi -

        Thanks for your helpful reply. I just tried again and what you suggested did not clear up the problem. I can sign-in and receive email
        but can’t open them and do anything else.
        maybe I should try to uninstall mail somehow and start afresh with same name/password if possible.

        Thanks,
        Doug.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012

          i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the only thing that worked was REPLY !

          it lasted a long time, on all my yahoo accounts, nothing helped...
          but it went away on its own.

          Bastet

          (unknown author)

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
            For anyone who is facing similar problems, note that there is always the Y-Mail mobile site.

            http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/folders.bp

          • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
              Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
              I think you were suggesting that I try to clik on Reply on an Inbox email and see what happens.
              However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply button.

              Thanks – Doug.

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
                Doug,
                You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
                  Hi -

                  I get nothing when I select an email and it’s highlighted. I don’t remember where “Reply” button should be but I don’t see it.
                  I can’t open compose, or What’s new.
                  When I try to open Spam, I get a clockwise spinning  yahoo email 2 which never stops.
                  I can’t sign out so have to X out.

                  I don’t have any mobile devices.

                  Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep current sign in info?

                  Thanks.

                  yahoo email 1

                  Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                  Doug,
                  You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                  Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                  >________________________________
                  >
                  > From: "
                  href="mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net">mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                  >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                  >I think you
                  were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                  and see what happens.
                  >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                  button.

                  >Thanks –
                  Doug.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012

                    I sure hope it helps !!

                    Bastet

                    (unknown author)

                    You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                    Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                    >________________________________
                    >
                    > From: "doug.knapp@..." <doug.knapp@...>>
                    >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                    >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                    and see what happens.
                    >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                    button.

                    >Thanks – Doug.

                    >From: adeomus ********
                    >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                          only thing that worked was REPLY !

                        Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  • Sasafrass452
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                      What browser are you using? Yahoo Mail is web based, it's not something you can install/uninstall.

                      **Sasafrass452**
                      http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
                      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                      http://teamjay.proboards.com

                      Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                      Doug,
                      You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                      Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                      >________________________________
                      >
                      > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                      >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                      >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                      and see what happens.
                      >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                      button.

                      >Thanks – Doug.
                      >

                      >From: adeomus ********
                      >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                            only thing that worked was REPLY !

                    • Silk
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                        sometimes a browser can be on the blink.. that's why i have three.. firefox..internet explorer & Opera.. why I've seen times when all 3 were out to lunch.. then try google..if that works you know you've got a connection. The computer is all about trial and error for the most part. If google is working go up there in the url slot and type in (for example) www.yahoo.com

                        Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                          Hi -
                          I use IE.   Then getting another Y mail account is only option, if I want it?
                          At least I’m currently receiving mail and can tell who is emailing me so I can reply to some of them using this method.
                          Thanks for info.  Doug.
                          Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:50 AM

                          http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com                   wonderful photos and interesting videos
                          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com               quite active
                          http://teamjay.proboards.com                     even more active

                          Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                          Doug,
                          You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                          Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                          >________________________________
                          >
                          > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                          >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                          >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                          and see what happens.
                          >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                          button.

                          >Thanks – Doug.
                          >

                          >From: adeomus ********
                          >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                                only thing that worked was REPLY !

                        • figurewood
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 9, 2012
                            I gave up and set up a new y-mail account.
                            So far so good.
                            Thanks for everyones interest in and assistance - Doug.