Unable to activate any y-mail function

  • figurewood
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5, 2012
      I'm able to sign-in, open Inbox, and to see listed messages, but that's all I can do.
      I can't: - open individual emails
      - delete any
      - compose
      - open Spam - I get a moving clockwise circle indicator
      - signout

      Help anybody. Thanks.
    • km
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 5, 2012
        Once in a while that happens to me.  *USUALLY* (LOL) if I close everything and delete all cache/temp files/cookies etc and do a reboot it all clears up.

        Kathy

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012
          Hi -

          Thanks for your helpful reply. I just tried again and what you suggested did not clear up the problem. I can sign-in and receive email
          but can’t open them and do anything else.
          maybe I should try to uninstall mail somehow and start afresh with same name/password if possible.

          Thanks,
          Doug.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012

            i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the only thing that worked was REPLY !

            it lasted a long time, on all my yahoo accounts, nothing helped...
            but it went away on its own.

            Bastet

            (unknown author)

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
              For anyone who is facing similar problems, note that there is always the Y-Mail mobile site.

              http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-mail/folders.bp

            • doug.knapp@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
                Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                I think you were suggesting that I try to clik on Reply on an Inbox email and see what happens.
                However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply button.

                Thanks – Doug.

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
                  Doug,
                  You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                  Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012
                    Hi -

                    I get nothing when I select an email and it’s highlighted. I don’t remember where “Reply” button should be but I don’t see it.
                    I can’t open compose, or What’s new.
                    When I try to open Spam, I get a clockwise spinning  yahoo email 2 which never stops.
                    I can’t sign out so have to X out.

                    I don’t have any mobile devices.

                    Can I uninstall and reinstall and keep current sign in info?

                    Thanks.

                    yahoo email 1

                    Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                    Doug,
                    You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                    Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                    >________________________________
                    >
                    > From: "
                    href="mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net">mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                    >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                    >I think you
                    were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                    and see what happens.
                    >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                    button.

                    >Thanks –
                    Doug.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 7, 2012

                      I sure hope it helps !!

                      Bastet

                      (unknown author)

                      You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                      Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                      >________________________________
                      >
                      > From: "doug.knapp@..." <doug.knapp@...>>
                      >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                      >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                      and see what happens.
                      >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                      button.

                      >Thanks – Doug.

                      >From: adeomus ********
                      >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                            only thing that worked was REPLY !

                          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                    • Sasafrass452
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                        What browser are you using? Yahoo Mail is web based, it's not something you can install/uninstall.

                        **Sasafrass452**
                        http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
                        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                        http://teamjay.proboards.com

                        Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                        Doug,
                        You don't need to open the email, just select it. The reply button is then active.

                        Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                        >________________________________
                        >
                        > From: "mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net" <mailto:doug.knapp%40sbcglobal.net>>
                        >Thanks for your reply and interest in helping me.
                        >I think you were suggesting that I try to click on Reply on an Inbox email
                        and see what happens.
                        >However I can’t open any emails in order to even see the Reply
                        button.

                        >Thanks – Doug.
                        >

                        >From: adeomus ********
                        >i had that problem for quite awhile last year...the
                              only thing that worked was REPLY !

                      • Silk
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                          sometimes a browser can be on the blink.. that's why i have three.. firefox..internet explorer & Opera.. why I've seen times when all 3 were out to lunch.. then try google..if that works you know you've got a connection. The computer is all about trial and error for the most part. If google is working go up there in the url slot and type in (for example) www.yahoo.com

                          Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 8, 2012
                            Hi -
                            I use IE.   Then getting another Y mail account is only option, if I want it?
                            At least I’m currently receiving mail and can tell who is emailing me so I can reply to some of them using this method.
                            Thanks for info.  Doug.
                            Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:50 AM

                            http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com                   wonderful photos and interesting videos
                            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com               quite active
                            http://teamjay.proboards.com                     even more active

                            Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:09 PM

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 9, 2012
                              I gave up and set up a new y-mail account.
                              So far so good.
                              Thanks for everyones interest in and assistance - Doug.