Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New "Smart Folders"

  • Rob Weigle
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
      >I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:
      >
      >Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location
      >
      >Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location
      >
      >User
      Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of
      Gmail labels.  Users could apply them to an email regardless of the
      emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular
      email.

      >Kenneth
      I agree with you Kenneth.
      Major changes in how "Smart Folders" are implemented will have to be made. Current implementation shows only Inbox emails.

      Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012

        all my unread e-mails are very plain in my inbox...and flagged ones as well...
        i only put them in folders after i read/wish to keep.

        i guess one needs to choose what option is handiest for them.

        ( yes, still love classic)

        Bastet

        (unknown author)

        >I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:
        >
        >Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location
        >
        >Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location
        >
        >User
        Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of
        Gmail labels.  Users could apply them to an email regardless of the
        emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular
        email.

        >Kenneth
        I agree with you Kenneth.
        Major changes in how "Smart Folders" are implemented will have to be made. Current implementation shows only Inbox emails.

        Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • sy1bzbn
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
          The "Smart folders" idea wasn't new. It has been in use on the Yahoo's mobile platforms for quite some time. The three "folders" are Email from Contacts, Photos, and Files. No customization nor settings is available. I'm afraid that those predefined filters may be all there is to it.

          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 2, 2012
            yep, you may well be right.

            Also, it's not working well at the moment, in that it doesn't count the number of undread emails from contacts until you actually open the folder. I'm sure that's a small bug that'll be fixed, but it's still likely to be a "beta" feature at present

            The "Smart folders" idea wasn't new. It has been in use on the Yahoo's mobile platforms for quite some time. The three "folders" are Email from Contacts, Photos, and Files. No customization nor settings is available. I'm afraid that those predefined filters may be all there is to it.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:
            >
            > Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location
            >
            > Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location
            >
            > User Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of Gmail labels. Users could apply them to an email regardless of the emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular email.
            >
            > Kenneth
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > > Smart Folders may be plural for one of two reasons
            > > 1. Smart Folder may not sound good.
            > > 2. There may be plans to expand it to more than one folder.
            > >
            > > Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

          • Henrique de Castro
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 2, 2012
              In Blake Irving's presentation[1] we can see in "Extras" some good ideas to Smart Folders: Photos (that well implemented can compensate the lack of MyPhotos) and attachments. Both features are still presente in Yahoo Mail Classic for quite some time.
              It is a good idea to implement the option to disable/enable the features.

              [1] - http://guillaumeb.com/ym/ym1.png

              --
              Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
              http://about.me/henriquejunior