Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New "Smart Folders"

  • Rob Weigle
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 29, 2012
      >I'm seeing Smart Folders now too.  Don't know why it's plural since there's only the one, Email from Contacts.
      >
      >Neo Version:
      >Build number: 2.18.0.4053
      >Build time: Mon Feb 27 15:48:01 PST 2012
      Smart Folders may be plural for one of two reasons
      1. Smart Folder may not sound good.
      2. There may be plans to expand it to more than one folder.

      Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.
    • Henrique de Castro
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 29, 2012
        Now I can see it.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie <slhansen235@...> wrote:

        > I'm on:
        >
        > Neo Version:
        > Build number: 2.18.0.4053
        > Build time: Mon Feb 27 15:48:01 PST 2012
        >

        > Must not be totally rolled out yet.  :)  Smart Folders is below the 'main' folders and above Folders.  I actually sent that email out at 6:38pm PST last night, so it was pretty new at that point.
        >

        > >________________________________

      • Suzi
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
          I got it yesterday on all accounts.

          *Suzi*
          Ravelry ID: PuppyKisses
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses

          I'm seeing Smart Folders now too. Don't know why it's plural since there's only the one, Email from Contacts.

          Neo Version:
          Build number: 2.18.0.4053
          Build time: Mon Feb 27 15:48:01 PST 2012

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie <slhansen235@...> wrote:

          > I'm on:
          >
          > Neo Version:
          > Build number: 2.18.0.4053
          > Build time: Mon Feb 27 15:48:01 PST 2012
          >

          > Must not be totally rolled out yet.  :)  Smart Folders is below the 'main' folders and above Folders.  I actually sent that email out at 6:38pm PST last night, so it was pretty new at that point.
          >

          > >________________________________

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
            I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:

            Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location

            Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location

            User Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of Gmail labels. Users could apply them to an email regardless of the emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular email.

            Kenneth

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
              >I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:
              >
              >Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location
              >
              >Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location
              >
              >User
              Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of
              Gmail labels.  Users could apply them to an email regardless of the
              emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular
              email.

              >Kenneth
              I agree with you Kenneth.
              Major changes in how "Smart Folders" are implemented will have to be made. Current implementation shows only Inbox emails.

              Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.
            • adeomus ********
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012

                all my unread e-mails are very plain in my inbox...and flagged ones as well...
                i only put them in folders after i read/wish to keep.

                i guess one needs to choose what option is handiest for them.

                ( yes, still love classic)

                Bastet

                (unknown author)

                >I'd like to see Yahoo! implement the following Smart Folders:
                >
                >Unread Emails - to show all unread emails regardless of folder location
                >
                >Flagged/Starred emails - to show all of these regardless of folder location
                >
                >User
                Defined Smart Folders or "labels" - these would be the equivalent of
                Gmail labels.  Users could apply them to an email regardless of the
                emails location, and could apply more than one label to any particular
                email.

                >Kenneth
                I agree with you Kenneth.
                Major changes in how "Smart Folders" are implemented will have to be made. Current implementation shows only Inbox emails.

                Matthew 8:20 (NIV) Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.

                    Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

              • sy1bzbn
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
                  The "Smart folders" idea wasn't new. It has been in use on the Yahoo's mobile platforms for quite some time. The three "folders" are Email from Contacts, Photos, and Files. No customization nor settings is available. I'm afraid that those predefined filters may be all there is to it.

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 2, 2012
                    yep, you may well be right.

                    Also, it's not working well at the moment, in that it doesn't count the number of undread emails from contacts until you actually open the folder. I'm sure that's a small bug that'll be fixed, but it's still likely to be a "beta" feature at present

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 2, 2012
                      In Blake Irving's presentation[1] we can see in "Extras" some good ideas to Smart Folders: Photos (that well implemented can compensate the lack of MyPhotos) and attachments. Both features are still presente in Yahoo Mail Classic for quite some time.
                      It is a good idea to implement the option to disable/enable the features.

                      [1] - http://guillaumeb.com/ym/ym1.png