Exporting emails from old account to new account

  • Candy
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2012
      I have recently started a new Yahoo account to reflect my married name. i would liek to export all of my emails from my old account to my new so I have to nly manage one account. Is it possible to do this as a file export or must I forward each email individually?
    • Henrique de Castro
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2012
        There is no easy way, but you can try TrueSwitch[1] that is a paid service, or you can start a disposable GMail account, set it to forward all messages to your new account and then, setup the disposable GMail account do get all messages from your oldYahoo MailDepending on the number of messages this can take a few days.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 24, 2012
          >I have recently started a new Yahoo account to reflect my married
          name.  i would like to export all of my emails from my old account to my new so I have to only manage one account.  Is it possible to do this as a file export or must I forward each email individually?
          Candy,

          It may be simpler than that. I changed my email address a few years back. At that time it was possible to get Yahoo to migrate my contacts (and optionally my emails, I think) to the new account. I checked in the help system for the procedure. However, the help system was not functioning properly and I could not get the correct information from it. If no one posts the correct information to this group, try to get the directions from Customer Service.
        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 26, 2012
            Rather than starting over with a new Yahoo! mail account, it might be easier to simply add an alias to your old account and then set that alias as the default for sending emails. I believe that all Yahoo! mail accounts get to create one alias for emailing. It's in the options somewhere.

            E.g., if candyakmal is your old userid you could create an alias such as candy.lastname (whatever it is) and then set that as the default. You can even log into Yahoo! by typing candy.lastname instead of candyakmal. My sons have done this. I don't know if they even remember what their main Yahoo! ID is anymore as they don't ever need to use it for logging in and emailing, even though it's the same account as their firstname.lastname account.

            Just an idea ...

            Kenneth

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Candy" <candyakmal@...> wrote:

            > I have recently started a new Yahoo account to reflect my married name. i would liek to export all of my emails from my old account to my new so I have to nly manage one account. Is it possible to do this as a file export or must I forward each email individually?

          • Sumit Mehta
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 26, 2012
              Good suggestion. But it appears that she has already opened a new yahoo a/c. In that case I think it will not work.

              On Sunday, February 26, 2012, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

              > Rather than starting over with a new Yahoo! mail account, it might be easier to simply add an alias to your old account and then set that alias as the default for sending emails. I believe that all Yahoo! mail accounts get to create one alias for emailing. It's in the options somewhere.
              >
              > E.g., if candyakmal is your old userid you could create an alias such as candy.lastname (whatever it is) and then set that as the default. You can even log into Yahoo! by typing candy.lastname instead of candyakmal. My sons have done this. I don't know if they even remember what their main Yahoo! ID is anymore as they don't ever need to use it for logging in and emailing, even though it's the same account as their firstname.lastname account.
              >
              > Just an idea ...
              >
              > Kenneth
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Candy" <candyakmal@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I have recently started a new Yahoo account to reflect my married name. i would liek to export all of my emails from my old account to my new so I have to nly manage one account. Is it possible to do this as a file export or must I forward each email individually?

            • robs_alias
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3 7:05 AM
                Candy,
                I recently ran across this in the help system. I think it addresses your concern.
                Description

                This article describes how to combine two Yahoo! ID accounts using Yahoo! Mail Plus.

                Resolution

                It is not currently possible to combine two Yahoo! Mail accounts into one. You can achieve a similar result by upgrading the additional account to Mail Plus account and setting it to automatically forward all incoming emails to a single account.

                For example, if you have person_1@... and person_2@... as accounts. You could upgrade person_1@... to a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. You could then set the upgraded account to automatically forward all received emails to person_2@..., thus giving you only one account to retrieve all emails from.

                Please visit the Yahoo! Mail Plus page for instructions on upgrading.

                For instructions on forwarding your Yahoo! Mail Plus accounts to another Yahoo! email address, please visit the Yahoo! Mail Tutorials! help page.

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3 9:29 AM
                  That is unfortunate that you have to pay Yahoo! for a Plus account in order to setup email forwarding. Gmail gives you that for free.

                  And I think it may only be true for U.S. based Yahoo! accounts. I know that yahoo.co.uk domain accounts had free email forwarding and I think that was true of other international Yahoo! domain accounts too unless they've changed that recently.

                  Kenneth