Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New build available...

  • Henrique de Castro
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
      I'm not in the new build, but I have the new calendar. I'm sorry to admit, but I'm not moving back to Y! Calendar too and I think that nobody have any good reason to do so (untill now).

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      Do something for your privacy, do not use Google, use DuckDuckGo*

      From: "Rob" <rob.weigle@...>
      Date: Thu, Feb 2, 2012 17:11
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: New build available...
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

      >Very true.
      >BTW, I really like your statement - "Build updates with no apparent updates!"
      >Lol.
      >On Thursday, February 2, 2012, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:
      >> Thanks Sumit - becoming a bit annoying all these build updates with no apparent updates!
      The keyword here is apparent. There have been changes. Some are only obvious after a while of using the update. This is where a changelog would be extremely useful. So we could know there problems addressed by the update.

    • Sumit Mehta
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        Although I criticize Y-mail for their slow developing pace and lack of innovation (except Tabs), I have always felt that Gmail seems to be having more scattered and inconsistent UI (though very very fast) for reading e-mails compared to Y-mail and hotmail. There is no doubt that Gmail is best in many ways, but using Y-mail or hotmail, is like dinning in a good restaurant where attendants are serving food in well organised, composed and familiar manner rather than taking meal by buffet where plenty of varieties of foods available. If we look at various screens i.e. welcome page, inbox, contacts, reading or composing e-mails and now new calendar, the UI of Y-mail and Hotmail is more consistent and less scattered than Gmail. I think that this is the major point where Y-mail scores well against Gmail.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2012
          agree Sumit, though unless people's perception is that yahoo mail offers a superior service, it'll be hard to convince people to come and give that good experience a try. That's why I think it needs something significantly different to tempt people who may have settled for the admittedly less consistent Google experience.