Google Chrome Translation Shenanigans with Yahoo Mail

  • Chris B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2012
      Yahoo Mail is my main email account. I use Google Chrome as my main browser. My emails are usually always in English except for spam with Chinese or Arabic hieroglyphics in the title. However today every time I hovered the mouse cursor over an email title Google Chrome opened up a small window offering to translate the English words into - um well - English. This window also offered to translate each word by highlighting it in yellow. The incredibly annoying aspect of this 'translation window' is that as I moved the cursor around the window kept offering to translate the different titles. Then when I opened each email the text inside was highlighted and the 'translation window' offered yet againn to translate from English into English. I couldn't get rid of it. This is not a feature I have chosen to use. I haven't updated Chrome for at least a year. So where has this feature come from? Is it something implemented by Yahoo Mail? BTW I still use Classic. And more to the point how can I stop it happening? Many thanks - Chris B.