Y-Mail and Spam Protection

  • doskostya
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012
      This is not so much a concern about mail as it is about Groups. Is it possible for me to post to a Yahoo! Group without revealing my Yahoo! email address and/or Yahoo! account ID?
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2012
        Unfortunately, no. Spam is unavoidable, & the only way to deal with it is to have proper email filters.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        http://melanieamarofans.proboards.com
        http://rachelcrowfans.proboards.com

        On 01/07/2012 01:24 AM, doskostya wrote:

        This is not so much a concern about mail as it is about Groups. Is it possible for me to post to a Yahoo! Group without revealing my Yahoo! email address and/or Yahoo! account ID?

      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2012
          doskostya,

          > This is not so much a concern about mail as it is about Groups. Is it
          > possible for me to post to a Yahoo! Group without revealing my Yahoo!
          > email address ...

          This depends upon the settings of the group. You can find out by looking at the Settings tab of the Info box, on the left column of the group's home page.
          Screen Shot: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/shalf/6054939755/in/set-72157594538412310>
          (The item below the blue arrow.)

          > and/or Yahoo! account ID?

          You can hide that by using an Alias.