Re: ANTI SPAM POLICY

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 6, 2012
      I suggest to you services like Dropbox.
      Dropbox syncs your files among computers more effectively than email.
      In the example you've been using, it'll fit like a glove.
      Once again, email was not designed for transporting large files.
      Give Dropbox a try. You can't insist compact cars to include a V16 engine as option so you can use one as tractor-trailer. That will never work.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Lit Rom" <litrom10@...> wrote:

      > Yes,I know that there`s a technical PROBLEM not conspiracy.In fact I received an answer from YAHOO MAIL CUSTOMER Care and they said that YAHOO has an automatic MACHINE or SOFTWARE who detects UNUSUAL ACTIVITY of USER,meaning SOMEONE uploads or saves a large AMOUNT OF DOCUMENTS.In fact YAHOO MAIL must designate to be everyone HUGE private HARD DISK as a PREMIUM SERVICE for a sum of money because YAHOO MAIL is everyone virtual PRIVATE HOME.For example if someone wants to use YAHOO MAIL as his/her HARD DISK,he/she could pay for that.What is a price of huge HDD Disk of 300 or 500 GB? I could pay that to YAHOO and could upload,save or sent how amount of documents I want without been suspected of UNUSUAL HEAVY ACTIVITY.If you want to have a big home where to have all your furniture and all the stuff,you pay money to have a BIG HOUSE.That is apply to YAHOO MAIL.If you want more,pay more.
      > For example if i go to an exotic trip or to a conference when I recorded some films or take some beautiful PHOTOS in a total of 1 GB and I want to save URGENTLY into my account to prevent loosing them cause of laptop stealing or USB damaging,if I have a premium account I could save all of documents without UNUSUAL ACTIVITY DETECTED.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > This argument of yours doesn't make a lot of sense.
      > > Reality is that email was never designed for large file transport.
      > > Other available services are much better suited for that purpose.
      > > Large files are bad as they needed to be encoded in email (to 128bits?)
      > > Like it or not, it's a technological limitation and not a conspiracy.
      > >
      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Maybe your account was hacked meaning that was accesed on from 2 diferent locations,or there`s a problemm of BROWSER.But I saw there`s similar ISSUES to YAHOO MAIL.The idea is the 2 giants MAIL PROVIDER could prevent users from using their MAILBOX as a HUGE HARD DISK.That`s why they discourage USERS to send,upload or saved as draft a large amonut of documents blocking their account for a period of time.The idea is very simple:"IF YOU NEED to UPLOAD your important documents(pics,videos or projects) into YOUR MAIL ACCOUNT,get lost! Your gotta wait for a long period of time to do that because WE BLOCXKED your account everytime you excceed an unspecified limit of files".That`s a sh--! It is a violation of my privacy.I don`t want that someone limits my freedom to do what I want in my HOME in the moment when I don`t harm others.That`s applied to YAHOO MAIL.
      > > > Concerning you,if you need to save all your PHOTOS,maybe GMAIL forced you to save them in their PHOTO SHARING service like PICASSA or others.

    • Lit Rom
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
        Thank you for suggestion but I am not interested to share photos or videos because it is a question of MY INTIMACY or PRIVACY.I know that all is FREE is a SHIT.So Y MAIL provides an UNLIMITED STORAGE VOLUME to beat the competition.Fine! But this product is in FACT a BEAUTIFUL LIE because every time you excced the limit of SAVING or UPLOADING files,your account is blocked and you can`t send or received email because you are punished cause of YAHOO MAIL ANTI-SPAM POLICY of suspecting you of spamming.Is like someone gives you a car for free but after you drive a large ammount of miles or kilometers,you are stucked in the middle of desert because the car is blocked every time for example drive 1000 miles per day.
        Yahoo MAIL or every GIANT MAIL service must be designated to be everyone HUGE HARD DISK.There`s a lot of people who are for example trainers,university teachers or students(who paid hard for courses) and need to have all their documents saved in one place.Why you take a lot of memory sticks or CD with you by plane(there`s a risk of loosing them on a customer control or be damaged in the X ray scan control) instead of saving all of them into their mail account,not into VIDEO and FILES SHARING.
        Let`s finish the TOPIC.YAHOO MAIL(and other FREE MAIL GIANT providers who boast of mail UNLIMITED STORAGE) is a MF Jerks because they claim to provide a FREE UNLIMITED service,but in fact the USING of the SERVICE is very limited.It`s just advertising.

        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
          I had my doubts a couple posts ago but now I am done being nice. Anyone else think this is starting to sound like SEO targeting Y-Mail with negative comments?

        • Lorrie
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
            I agree.  I have never been blocked by Yahoo.  As for gmail. I won't say anything.  I just spent the AM trying to get into my google account and could not.  I had to make a new email.  And now everything that was in my old gmail addy is gone.  I love Yahoo!!!

            Lorrie

            Lorries Green World
            http://minilorrie.2itb.com
            Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

            --- On Sat, 1/7/12, sy1bzbn <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

            I had my doubts a couple posts ago but now I am done being nice. Anyone else think this is starting to sound like SEO targeting Y-Mail with negative comments?

          • Henrique Junior
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
              You can not do everything you want all the time. There is no service (free or paid) without limitations or rules.
              One more advice: watch your language, because you are going too far.

            • Kenny
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                Lit Rom,

                An online file storage service is precisely what you need and applies to the examples you've given. Such services are not just about file sharing. You can keep your files just as private as they would be in your email account.

                Kenneth

              • Harryh
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                  Oh for goodness sake. Lit Rom, you persist in the thought that an email account is (1) private and (2) not subject to certain limits. Both are false assumptions. Email is not private and, as you have discovered, has limitations. To maintain your documents privately, ensure that you protect them using a password, usually by storing them in a zip file with a password. To allow you some amount of unlimited storage select a service like Dropbox or Mediafire or many others and pay to ensure those documents are not deleted because of no use. The online storage is more secure than email because only you will know the storage URL (don't lose that).

                  Yahoo has limits on the amount you upload over a given period. Their servers are not really free, nor is the bandwidth they allow you to use. Both are resources granted to you for their intended purpose which is not document storage.

                  As noted elsewhere, email binary storage uses more space because the binary must be re-encoded for transmission. This is an artifact from years when email was only 7-bits because of network limitations. Your binary attachments then use space needlessly because of the re-encoding overhead.

                  > interested to share photos or videos because it is a
                  > question of MY INTIMACY or PRIVACY.I know that all is FREE
                  > is a SHIT.So Y MAIL provides an UNLIMITED STORAGE VOLUME to
                  > beat the competition.Fine! But this product is in FACT a
                  > BEAUTIFUL LIE because every time you excced the limit of
                  > SAVING or UPLOADING files,your account is blocked and you
                  > can`t send or received email because you are punished cause
                  > of YAHOO MAIL ANTI-SPAM POLICY of suspecting you of
                  > spamming.

                  <snip>

                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com,
                  > "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I suggest to you services like Dropbox.
                  > > Dropbox syncs your files among computers more
                  > effectively than email.
                  > > In the example you've been using, it'll fit like a
                  > glove.
                  > > Once again, email was not designed for transporting
                  > large files.
                  > > Give Dropbox a try. You can't insist compact cars to
                  > include a V16 engine as option so you can use one as
                  > tractor-trailer. That will never work.

                  Lets cut the rest of this thread here.
                • Harryh
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                    I think this thread has gone well beyond useful.

                    > but now I am done being nice. Anyone else think this is
                    > starting to sound like SEO targeting Y-Mail with negative
                    > comments?
                    >
                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com,
                    > "Lit Rom" <litrom10@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thank you for suggestion but I am not interested to
                    > share photos or videos because it is a question of MY
                    > INTIMACY or PRIVACY.I know that all is FREE is a SHIT.So Y
                    > MAIL provides an UNLIMITED STORAGE VOLUME to beat the

                    <sbip>
                  • Henrique de Castro
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                      +1

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 9, 2012
                        Thank you for your EXPLAINATION ! To understand,there`s a technical problem of encoding and server and that`s why some documents attachments appears having BIG STORAGE.You see ,I don`t intend to make trouble to this group and I don`t intend to use EMAIL acoounts as HUGE HARD disk to store all my stuff.I am so angry about YAHOO Customer Care answer and their policy not to disclose the limit of amount of documents uploaded or saved and tagging as CRIMINAL SPAMMER those who exceeds the limits of uploaded or saved documents.It would be very clear that YAHOO Mail would tell me that its ANTI-SPAM POLICY prevent every user of using his/her mail acoounts as his/her huge hard disk and to disclose what is limit of UPLOADED/SAVED DOCS till his/her activity will be tagged as UNUSUALY HEAVY.
                        Don`t forget that some years ago Yahoo had BRIEFCASE option,a free storage documents option of 30 or 50 MB,very useful for those who travelled around the world for training or conference and needs some documents like ppt,words or xls to be with them.It is a very decent option for those who don`t intend to use EMAIL as HUGE HARD DISK but for a temporary file storage in case with his/her memory stick will be stolen or destroyed during the plane trip.

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 9, 2012
                          Thank you for your explanation about HUGE HARD DISK.I didn`t know that this is a real purpose of YAHOO POLICY of BLOCKING EMAIL to prevent turning into everyone`s user HARD DISK.I received clearer explanations from you and this group,rather than from YAHOO Customer Care.You see,there are undisclosed corporate laws and practices that force customer care clerks not to disclose to clients the real purpose of some of the YAHOO INC.(or other WEB provider) policies.And we can`t change them on this group.In fact,there are many people amous or not who travelled by trip to some third world exotic countries.They take a photos or films with their funny moments and they feared that their photo or video camera be stolen(there`s a lot of thefts commited by the customer officers of some third world countries)and they will lose all the sweet memories from their unique holiday.The only solution a moment to prevent be lost is to save in their private MAIL adress(not to FREE FILE SHARING sites where the privacy were not granted)in a short period of time(1-2 days).But after they exceed an undisclosed limit of 400-500 MB their mail will be blocked.That`s not right and fair.Some years ago YAHOO has BRIEFCASE a free private file storage for those who needs to take some documents in a trip(training,conference,presentation).
                          Thanks a lot.Bye!