Re: ANTI SPAM POLICY

  • Lit Rom
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 4, 2012
      Men,I don`t want that my MAILBOX to BE a HUGE HARD disk,because I don`t want to loose my time saving all my stuff stored on my COMPUTER or LAPTOP on my MAIL or other MAILBOX.It is not for a good sense to misuse a MAILBOX for the PURPOSAE of a HUGE HARD DISK,but I don`t want to be treated like a CRIMINAL SPAMMER for the reason for example of UPLOADING saving SENDING a number of DOCUMENTS(pictures,film captures or PPT) having for example 500MB to my close friends or saving into my mail BOX (to prevent loosing them cause of LAPTOP damage or stealing).BUT there must be some limitation of USING YMAL of abusing.For example UPLOADING or SENDING 2 GB documents in a small periood could lead to a temporarly suspension,but not for 100 MB size.But for someone who want to use YMAIL as huge HARD disk,there must be PREMIUM SERVICES in which the person who wants to use YMAIL as a huge hard disk,must pay money for that.This option is very good for example who are graduates of ARTS,MOVIE or having a career in TELEVISION in which he /she want to keep for example all the movies created or the shows in which he/she moderated or participate,shows who are stored on files of for example 50-100 M each other.
      For me,the TOPIC is closed because I tried GMAIL and WORKS very good.That is the difference between GMAIL and YAHOO.In fact I needed to send some videos(taken from my camera last year) to my close friend(not from this ADREES) videos in total 350 MB and my account was blocked after sending some of VIDEOS who are 200 MB.I tried GMAIL and works fast and very good.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

      > Yahoo is the only mail provider offering unlimited storage (and it is doing that for years). In the past, to prevent the service from becoming a huge virtual hard disk instead of a webmail such policies were implemented. The question you raise is valid because the times have changed and today, with an average of 5 MB per photo, it is easy to upload more than 100 MB.
      > That is really something to think about.
      >

      > --
      > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      >

      > >________________________________
      > > De: Lit Rom <litrom10@...>
      > >Para: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      > >Enviadas: Terça-feira, 3 de Janeiro de 2012 16:31
      > >Assunto: [Y-Mail] Re: ANTI SPAM POLICY
      > >

      > >But I don`t want that OTHERS know about MY PRIVATE documents when I stored on FREE ONLINE STORAGE sites or FLICKR because is about MY PRIVACY.
      > >Let`s finish the TOPIC.Yahoo MAIL is a crap concerning consumer rights because it suspects every user of being a spammer and blocked his/her account each time when he/she upload or send a specific ammount of document size.Gmail doesn`t do that crap to its users.That is the reason that Y Mail will be destroyed soon by its competitors because Ymail disconsiders its users,tagging them as spammers for exceeding upload limit and violates their privacy by blocking their MAIL BOX for UNUSUIAL activity despite there`s no spamming reports about them.
      > >
      > >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Ayers <justkenneth@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> You are mistaken in saying that uploading your files to Yahoo! Mail as
      > >> draft messages is your "only solution". A better solution would be to
      > >> upload the files to some online file storage utility. Do a search and
      > >> you'll find many services which offer free online file storage or at least
      > >> free up to a specified storage amount.
      > >>
      > >> If it's just vacation photos that you're trying to save, try uploading them
      > >> to Flickr which is owned by Yahoo!
      > >>
      > >> Kenneth

    • Henrique Junior
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 4, 2012
        It is funny, but today my GMail was blocked. I have to wait for  one hour (or more) until my access was granted again. When I got blocked I was uploading 4 MB of jpg images and I don't really know why it happened, but it was the first time (and I use gmail for years).

        I didn't take a scheenshot, but what I see is like this message: http://kislove.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/gmailblocked.jpg

        So, be aware that gmail also have use policy and not all the time you will know why you got blocked.

        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 4, 2012
          Maybe your account was hacked meaning that was accesed on from 2 diferent locations,or there`s a problemm of BROWSER.But I saw there`s similar ISSUES to YAHOO MAIL.The idea is the 2 giants MAIL PROVIDER could prevent users from using their MAILBOX as a HUGE HARD DISK.That`s why they discourage USERS to send,upload or saved as draft a large amonut of documents blocking their account for a period of time.The idea is very simple:"IF YOU NEED to UPLOAD your important documents(pics,videos or projects) into YOUR MAIL ACCOUNT,get lost! Your gotta wait for a long period of time to do that because WE BLOCXKED your account everytime you excceed an unspecified limit of files".That`s a sh--! It is a violation of my privacy.I don`t want that someone limits my freedom to do what I want in my HOME in the moment when I don`t harm others.That`s applied to YAHOO MAIL.
          Concerning you,if you need to save all your PHOTOS,maybe GMAIL forced you to save them in their PHOTO SHARING service like PICASSA or others.

        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 4, 2012

            do you own or mod any groups ?

            occasionally when i have posted several things right after each other, my account gets blocked for awhile.

            Bastet

            (unknown author)

            2012/1/4 Lit Rom <litrom10@...>

> [...]

            > >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Ayers <justkenneth@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> You are mistaken in saying that uploading your files to Yahoo! Mail as
            > >> draft messages is your "only solution". A better solution would be to
            > >> upload the files to some online file storage utility. Do a search and
            > >> you'll find many services which offer free online file storage or at least
            > >> free up to a specified storage amount.
            > >>
            > >> If it's just vacation photos that you're trying to save, try uploading them

          • sy1bzbn
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 4, 2012
              This argument of yours doesn't make a lot of sense.
              Reality is that email was never designed for large file transport.
              Other available services are much better suited for that purpose.
              Large files are bad as they needed to be encoded in email (to 128bits?)
              Like it or not, it's a technological limitation and not a conspiracy.

                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 6, 2012
                  Yes,I know that there`s a technical PROBLEM not conspiracy.In fact I received an answer from YAHOO MAIL CUSTOMER Care and they said that YAHOO has an automatic MACHINE or SOFTWARE who detects UNUSUAL ACTIVITY of USER,meaning SOMEONE uploads or saves a large AMOUNT OF DOCUMENTS.In fact YAHOO MAIL must designate to be everyone HUGE private HARD DISK as a PREMIUM SERVICE for a sum of money because YAHOO MAIL is everyone virtual PRIVATE HOME.For example if someone wants to use YAHOO MAIL as his/her HARD DISK,he/she could pay for that.What is a price of huge HDD Disk of 300 or 500 GB? I could pay that to YAHOO and could upload,save or sent how amount of documents I want without been suspected of UNUSUAL HEAVY ACTIVITY.If you want to have a big home where to have all your furniture and all the stuff,you pay money to have a BIG HOUSE.That is apply to YAHOO MAIL.If you want more,pay more.
                  For example if i go to an exotic trip or to a conference when I recorded some films or take some beautiful PHOTOS in a total of 1 GB and I want to save URGENTLY into my account to prevent loosing them cause of laptop stealing or USB damaging,if I have a premium account I could save all of documents without UNUSUAL ACTIVITY DETECTED.

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 6, 2012
                    I suggest to you services like Dropbox.
                    Dropbox syncs your files among computers more effectively than email.
                    In the example you've been using, it'll fit like a glove.
                    Once again, email was not designed for transporting large files.
                    Give Dropbox a try. You can't insist compact cars to include a V16 engine as option so you can use one as tractor-trailer. That will never work.

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                      Thank you for suggestion but I am not interested to share photos or videos because it is a question of MY INTIMACY or PRIVACY.I know that all is FREE is a SHIT.So Y MAIL provides an UNLIMITED STORAGE VOLUME to beat the competition.Fine! But this product is in FACT a BEAUTIFUL LIE because every time you excced the limit of SAVING or UPLOADING files,your account is blocked and you can`t send or received email because you are punished cause of YAHOO MAIL ANTI-SPAM POLICY of suspecting you of spamming.Is like someone gives you a car for free but after you drive a large ammount of miles or kilometers,you are stucked in the middle of desert because the car is blocked every time for example drive 1000 miles per day.
                      Yahoo MAIL or every GIANT MAIL service must be designated to be everyone HUGE HARD DISK.There`s a lot of people who are for example trainers,university teachers or students(who paid hard for courses) and need to have all their documents saved in one place.Why you take a lot of memory sticks or CD with you by plane(there`s a risk of loosing them on a customer control or be damaged in the X ray scan control) instead of saving all of them into their mail account,not into VIDEO and FILES SHARING.
                      Let`s finish the TOPIC.YAHOO MAIL(and other FREE MAIL GIANT providers who boast of mail UNLIMITED STORAGE) is a MF Jerks because they claim to provide a FREE UNLIMITED service,but in fact the USING of the SERVICE is very limited.It`s just advertising.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                        I had my doubts a couple posts ago but now I am done being nice. Anyone else think this is starting to sound like SEO targeting Y-Mail with negative comments?

                      • Lorrie
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                          I agree.  I have never been blocked by Yahoo.  As for gmail. I won't say anything.  I just spent the AM trying to get into my google account and could not.  I had to make a new email.  And now everything that was in my old gmail addy is gone.  I love Yahoo!!!

                          Lorrie

                          Lorries Green World
                          http://minilorrie.2itb.com
                          Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                            You can not do everything you want all the time. There is no service (free or paid) without limitations or rules.
                            One more advice: watch your language, because you are going too far.

                          • Kenny
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                              Lit Rom,

                              An online file storage service is precisely what you need and applies to the examples you've given. Such services are not just about file sharing. You can keep your files just as private as they would be in your email account.

                              Kenneth

                            • Harryh
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                                Oh for goodness sake. Lit Rom, you persist in the thought that an email account is (1) private and (2) not subject to certain limits. Both are false assumptions. Email is not private and, as you have discovered, has limitations. To maintain your documents privately, ensure that you protect them using a password, usually by storing them in a zip file with a password. To allow you some amount of unlimited storage select a service like Dropbox or Mediafire or many others and pay to ensure those documents are not deleted because of no use. The online storage is more secure than email because only you will know the storage URL (don't lose that).

                                Yahoo has limits on the amount you upload over a given period. Their servers are not really free, nor is the bandwidth they allow you to use. Both are resources granted to you for their intended purpose which is not document storage.

                                As noted elsewhere, email binary storage uses more space because the binary must be re-encoded for transmission. This is an artifact from years when email was only 7-bits because of network limitations. Your binary attachments then use space needlessly because of the re-encoding overhead.

                                > interested to share photos or videos because it is a
                                > question of MY INTIMACY or PRIVACY.I know that all is FREE
                                > is a SHIT.So Y MAIL provides an UNLIMITED STORAGE VOLUME to
                                > beat the competition.Fine! But this product is in FACT a
                                > BEAUTIFUL LIE because every time you excced the limit of
                                > SAVING or UPLOADING files,your account is blocked and you
                                > can`t send or received email because you are punished cause
                                > of YAHOO MAIL ANTI-SPAM POLICY of suspecting you of
                                > spamming.

                                <snip>

                                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com,
                                > "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I suggest to you services like Dropbox.
                                > > Dropbox syncs your files among computers more
                                > effectively than email.
                                > > In the example you've been using, it'll fit like a
                                > glove.
                                > > Once again, email was not designed for transporting
                                > large files.
                                > > Give Dropbox a try. You can't insist compact cars to
                                > include a V16 engine as option so you can use one as
                                > tractor-trailer. That will never work.

                                Lets cut the rest of this thread here.
                              • Harryh
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                                  I think this thread has gone well beyond useful.

                                  > but now I am done being nice. Anyone else think this is
                                  > starting to sound like SEO targeting Y-Mail with negative
                                  > comments?
                                  >
                                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com,
                                  > "Lit Rom" <litrom10@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Thank you for suggestion but I am not interested to
                                  > share photos or videos because it is a question of MY
                                  > INTIMACY or PRIVACY.I know that all is FREE is a SHIT.So Y
                                  > MAIL provides an UNLIMITED STORAGE VOLUME to beat the

                                  <sbip>
                                • Henrique de Castro
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 7, 2012
                                    +1

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 9, 2012
                                      Thank you for your EXPLAINATION ! To understand,there`s a technical problem of encoding and server and that`s why some documents attachments appears having BIG STORAGE.You see ,I don`t intend to make trouble to this group and I don`t intend to use EMAIL acoounts as HUGE HARD disk to store all my stuff.I am so angry about YAHOO Customer Care answer and their policy not to disclose the limit of amount of documents uploaded or saved and tagging as CRIMINAL SPAMMER those who exceeds the limits of uploaded or saved documents.It would be very clear that YAHOO Mail would tell me that its ANTI-SPAM POLICY prevent every user of using his/her mail acoounts as his/her huge hard disk and to disclose what is limit of UPLOADED/SAVED DOCS till his/her activity will be tagged as UNUSUALY HEAVY.
                                      Don`t forget that some years ago Yahoo had BRIEFCASE option,a free storage documents option of 30 or 50 MB,very useful for those who travelled around the world for training or conference and needs some documents like ppt,words or xls to be with them.It is a very decent option for those who don`t intend to use EMAIL as HUGE HARD DISK but for a temporary file storage in case with his/her memory stick will be stolen or destroyed during the plane trip.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jan 9, 2012
                                        Thank you for your explanation about HUGE HARD DISK.I didn`t know that this is a real purpose of YAHOO POLICY of BLOCKING EMAIL to prevent turning into everyone`s user HARD DISK.I received clearer explanations from you and this group,rather than from YAHOO Customer Care.You see,there are undisclosed corporate laws and practices that force customer care clerks not to disclose to clients the real purpose of some of the YAHOO INC.(or other WEB provider) policies.And we can`t change them on this group.In fact,there are many people amous or not who travelled by trip to some third world exotic countries.They take a photos or films with their funny moments and they feared that their photo or video camera be stolen(there`s a lot of thefts commited by the customer officers of some third world countries)and they will lose all the sweet memories from their unique holiday.The only solution a moment to prevent be lost is to save in their private MAIL adress(not to FREE FILE SHARING sites where the privacy were not granted)in a short period of time(1-2 days).But after they exceed an undisclosed limit of 400-500 MB their mail will be blocked.That`s not right and fair.Some years ago YAHOO has BRIEFCASE a free private file storage for those who needs to take some documents in a trip(training,conference,presentation).
                                        Thanks a lot.Bye!