Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Not Again!

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
      I'm with sy1bzbn. It looks like the problem is in your end. The best thing to do is perform a full scan in your PC with a good anti virus. If the problem persists, format your machine.

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
        From my experience, you can only be hacked in 2 ways.
        #1) When the phony Yahoo request shows up, you do what they say and change your password which gives them instant access to your account.

        #2) You receive a phone call, as I did, and are asked for your help in clearing off all your virus & spam problems, when you open up with them on the phone, they get your IP address and you get hacked.

        When I got the phone call I told them where to go and hung up. My computer is not riddled with viruses and I have a tech guy here in town that I trust more than some anonamous phone call. Months later I have never heard from them again.

        Meg

      • adeomus ********
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
          Hi tracy...is it possible that you play online games, or click on many types of links ?
          ( sorry, yahoo glitches making my e-mails erratic !!)
          adds

          > #1) When the phony Yahoo request shows up, you do what they
          > say and change your password which gives them instant access
          > to your account.
          >
          > #2) You receive a phone call, as I did, and are asked for
          > your help in clearing off all your virus & spam
          > problems, when you open up with them on the phone, they get
          > your IP address and you get hacked.
          >
          > When I got the phone call I told them where to go and hung
          > up.  My computer is not riddled with viruses and I have
          > a tech guy here in town that I trust more than some
          > anonamous phone call.  Months later I have never heard
          > from them again.
          >
          > Meg
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com,
          > Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have used Yahoo for mail since 2000 and have NEVER
          > had a problem.  And I have had the same password for all
          > those years.  And it is not a real secure password LOL.
          > > Anyway, I wonder why some people get hacked so often
          > and others, like me, have never been hacked.  I use this
          > email addy for business and pleasure, I own 34 Yahoo groups,
          > belong to over 200 and click on some links I really
          > shouldn't LOL.  But I have my security on my system fully
          > updated, so maybe that is the key or maybe I am just lucky -
          > just my 2 cents worth.
          > >
          > > Lorrie
          > >
          > > Lorries Green World
          > > http://minilorrie.2itb.com
          > > Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
          > >
          > > --- On Fri, 12/2/11, tracy024 <tbritton308@...>
          > wrote:

          > >       Well - I must say I am
          > finally leaving yahoo after my account got hacked for the
          > 4th time this year.  I have changed my password too
          > many times to count this year.  I am going to either
          > gmail or hotmail because of the security they have in
          > place.  I'm sorry to have to leave but this is
          > happening way too many times and yahoo does not have any
          > really good security measures in place to keep this from
          > happening.

          >     Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Tracy Britton
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
            No. I don't do any of that & I always scan our pc for viruses

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2011

              o am a co-owner on several yahoo groups, and have found that the peoples' addys that  have not posted for a long time
              are the ones chosen by " hackers" to send spam to our groups...perhaps they think those " unused addy's"  won't notice ?
              the spam is typically just a happy line of some sort with a link, calculated to ensnare people, no doubt, with one doomed click.

              is this what has happened to you ?
              are you in any group where your addy is idle ?
              maybe you've forgotten about it ??
              maybe check your groups, and eliminate those in which you do not regularly participate ?

              Bastet

              (unknown author)