Re: Delete Inbox all at once Please?

  • Kenny
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
      In new Yahoo! Mail there is a switch view option. You can select to view the contents of a folder, such as your inbox, either page by page or in scrolling list view. The scrolling list view displays all of the emails in the selected folder at once.

      So if you're wanting to delete all of the emails in your inbox and don't want to do it repeatedly page by page, switch your view to scrolling list view. It still may take a while to get the select all button to select all 27 thousand emails, but it's worth a shot.

      Kenneth

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "katepkauai" <katepkauai@...> wrote:

      > Aloha all.... after years we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail! I can find no way to delete except one page" of mail at a time. I'd be doing that for days! So is my only alternative to
      > this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?

    • katepkauai
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "katepkauai" <katepkauai@...> wrote:

        > Aloha all.... after years we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail! I can find no way to delete except one page" of mail at a time. I'd be doing that for days! So is my only alternative to
        > this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?

        FYI thanks everyone for your answers..however, not sure why, but my switch to scrolling does not have a 'confirm' and tho it may show that i've changed it.. when i do the
        ctrl A and delete .. it Still chooses only 35 messages! so my problem seems to be/ not able to choose and confirm scrolling! whether firefox / safari / or chrome.. the last item at the bottom of the scroll is Advanced Settings. no one else has this problem??
      • katepkauai
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
          Yipee! finally. Mahalo for all your help..