Re: [Y-Mail] Delete Inbox all at once Please?

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
      Ok, first of all.... Why didn't you delete or sort them into folders in the first place? Unfortunately, the only way is to delete them one page at a time. Then use the delete button every day from now on, so this doesn't happen again.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

      On 11/30/2011 05:58 PM, katepkauai wrote:

      Aloha all.... after years we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail! I can find no way to delete except one page" of mail at a time. I'd be doing that for days! So is my only alternative to
      this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
         I presume you view is page by page (what this version of Ymail refers to as classic). If it lets you change your view to one of scrolling views, the check box at the top does select ALL the messages in a folder, then the delete will allow you to delete all the messages.  After the deletion you can (if you want) change your view back to the page-by-page one)I wonder how you got into this predicament in the first place. Deleting messages on a regular basis or moving them to folders (so your inbox is relatively clean) would make sense to me.
        >Aloha all.... after years
        we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning
        ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail!   I can find no way
        to delete except one page"  of mail at a time.  I'd be doing that for
        days!  So is my only alternative to
        >this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?
      • Henrique Junior
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
          Try to use a mail client with IMAP (Thunderbird is a good choice), then manage your messages there. Create more complex filters, sort or delete your messages and all changes will be reflected in your online Yahoo Mail.

          --
          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

          Aloha all.... after years we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail! I can find no way to delete except one page" of mail at a time. I'd be doing that for days! So is my only alternative to
          this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?

        • Kenny
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
            In new Yahoo! Mail there is a switch view option. You can select to view the contents of a folder, such as your inbox, either page by page or in scrolling list view. The scrolling list view displays all of the emails in the selected folder at once.

            So if you're wanting to delete all of the emails in your inbox and don't want to do it repeatedly page by page, switch your view to scrolling list view. It still may take a while to get the select all button to select all 27 thousand emails, but it's worth a shot.

            Kenneth

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "katepkauai" <katepkauai@...> wrote:

            > Aloha all.... after years we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail! I can find no way to delete except one page" of mail at a time. I'd be doing that for days! So is my only alternative to
            > this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?

          • katepkauai
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "katepkauai" <katepkauai@...> wrote:

              > Aloha all.... after years we have over 27 Thousand inbox emails. Now at last, i get a spinning ball ( yahoo freeze) So i can't even read new mail! I can find no way to delete except one page" of mail at a time. I'd be doing that for days! So is my only alternative to
              > this problem, to dump my whole account and start over?

              FYI thanks everyone for your answers..however, not sure why, but my switch to scrolling does not have a 'confirm' and tho it may show that i've changed it.. when i do the
              ctrl A and delete .. it Still chooses only 35 messages! so my problem seems to be/ not able to choose and confirm scrolling! whether firefox / safari / or chrome.. the last item at the bottom of the scroll is Advanced Settings. no one else has this problem??
            • katepkauai
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
                Yipee! finally. Mahalo for all your help..