Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: SPAM Folder

Expand Messages
  • GuillaumeB
    Do you mean that the spam folder is not emptied every 30 days ? To be honest I would not know as I always check it once or twice a week should there be any
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Do you mean that the spam folder is not emptied every 30 days ?
      To be honest I would not know as I always check it once or twice a week should there be any false positives

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
      >
      > My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
      >
    • Rob
      ... In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway.
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        >Do you mean that the spam folder is not emptied every 30 days ?
        >To be honest I would not know as I always check it once or twice a week should there be any false positives
        >
        In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway. Customer Service 'refreshed' my account (whatever that means) and I had to wait a week to see if it took. It didn't! Now I have to wait another week to see if what they tried this time worked.
      • Mike Capps
        No.  I mean I cannot send or forward emails. ________________________________ From: GuillaumeB To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com Sent:
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          No.  I mean I cannot send or forward emails.


          From: GuillaumeB <guillaume@...>
          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Monday, October 3, 2011 9:22 AM
          Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder

           
          Do you mean that the spam folder is not emptied every 30 days ?
          To be honest I would not know as I always check it once or twice a week should there be any false positives

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
          >
          > My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
          >



        • Lorrie
          So delete them yourself - how hard is that??  Only takes a couple of clicks.  Why do people expect Yahoo to do everything for them?? Lorrie   ...      
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            So delete them yourself - how hard is that??  Only takes a couple of clicks.  Why do people expect Yahoo to do everything for them??

            Lorrie
             

            --- On Mon, 10/3/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
             

             


             
            >
            In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway. Customer Service 'refreshed' my account (whatever that means) and I had to wait a week to see if it took. It didn't! Now I have to wait another week to see if what they tried this time worked.

          • adeomus ********
            my spam folder never has the chance to empty on its own cuz i find things in there that are not spam every day..... i don t mind, i just check it every time it
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              my spam folder never has the chance to empty on its own cuz i find things in there that are not spam every day.....
              i don't mind, i just check it every time it says there is anything in there..and delete stuff i don't want.

              adds


              Bastet
              Crows

              -- Beloved Bast, mistress of happiness and bounty, twin of the Sun God, slay the evil that afflicts our minds as you slew the serpent Apep. With your graceful stealth anticipate the moves of all who perpetrate cruelties and stay their hands against the children of light
              (unknown author).
















              --- On Mon, 10/3/11, GuillaumeB <guillaume@...> wrote:

              From: GuillaumeB <guillaume@...>
              Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
              To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
              Received: Monday, October 3, 2011, 10:22 AM

              Do you mean that the spam folder is not emptied every 30 days ?
              To be honest I would not know as I always check it once or twice a week should there be any false positives

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
              >
              > My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
              >




              ------------------------------------

              ***
              DISCLAIMER : Please note that this is a discussion group only. We do not provide official support.
              YAHOO MAIL OFFICIAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT is  available at : http://is.gd/54K8A
              ***Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/join
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  Y-Mail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Harryh
              I suppose since I get a bunch of spam on a regular basis, I must check the folder regularly.  I must check because the Yahoo spam detection often has false
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                I suppose since I get a bunch of spam on a regular basis, I must check the folder regularly.  I must check because the Yahoo spam detection often has false positives.  It's interesting the Gmail has many fewer false positives and further Gmail seems to reject some spam at their gateway.  As a result of the false positives I check the spam folder and manually delete messages on each visit.

                If I've been away for a few days the spam folder can accumulate >500 messages so checking can be a PITA, but it must be done.

                --- On Mon, 10/3/11, Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:

                From: Lorrie <minilorrie@...>
                Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Monday, October 3, 2011, 11:06 AM



                So delete them yourself - how hard is that??  Only takes a couple of clicks.  Why do people expect Yahoo to do everything for them??

                Lorrie
                 

                --- On Mon, 10/3/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                 

                 


                 
                >
                In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway. Customer Service 'refreshed' my account (whatever that means) and I had to wait a week to see if it took. It didn't! Now I have to wait another week to see if what they tried this time worked.



              • Rob
                I too get some false positives. And  yes I check my spam folder for those. I was hoping I could just leave the junk in there and it the software would make it
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  I too get some false positives. And  yes I check my spam folder for those. I was hoping I could just leave the junk in there and it the software would make it go away.
                   




                  >________________________________
                  >From: Harryh <harryh89@...>
                  >To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                  >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:03 AM
                  >Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                  >
                  >

                  >I suppose since I get a bunch of spam on a regular basis, I must check the folder regularly.  I must check because the Yahoo spam detection often has false positives.  It's interesting the Gmail has many fewer false positives and further Gmail seems to reject some spam at their gateway.  As a result of the false positives I check the spam folder and manually delete messages on each visit.
                  >
                  >If I've been away for a few days the spam folder can accumulate >500 messages so checking can be a PITA, but it must be done.
                  >
                  >--- On Mon, 10/3/11, Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >>From: Lorrie <minilorrie@...>
                  >>Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                  >>To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                  >>Date: Monday, October 3,
                  2011, 11:06 AM
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>So delete them yourself - how hard is that??  Only takes a couple of clicks.  Why do people expect Yahoo to do everything for them??
                  >>
                  >>Lorrie
                  >> 
                  >>
                  >>--- On Mon, 10/3/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> 
                  >>>
                  >>>
                  >>> 
                  >>>
                  >>> 
                  >>>>
                  >>>In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway. Customer Service 'refreshed' my account (whatever that means) and I had to wait a week to see if it took. It didn't! Now I have to wait another week to see if what they tried this time worked.
                  >>>
                  >>>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >
                  >
                  >
                • fredbisard
                  ... never have figured the sense of a spam folder and i have mine set to not even be used. i mean, what s the sense of having to check another folder just to
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
                    >

                    never have figured the sense of a spam folder and i have mine set to not even be used.

                    i mean, what's the sense of having to check another folder just to delete 99% of the stuff there. may as well just let it go into the inbox and delete it instantly without messing around!
                  • Henrique Junior
                    I have no complains about Yahoo s SPAM detection system. I use my mail for almost everything: work, contact my family, a lot of discussion lists and it is very
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      I have no complains about Yahoo's SPAM detection system. I use my mail for almost everything: work, contact my family, a lot of discussion lists and it is very common that I receive over 150 emails a day, but even with all this flux, probably the system generates one or two false positives a month. That sounds very impressive to me.


                      --
                      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior


                      >________________________________
                      >From: fredbisard <fredbisard@...>
                      >To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                      >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:53 AM
                      >Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                      >
                      >

                      >
                      >
                      >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
                      >>
                      >
                      >never have figured the sense of a spam folder and i have mine set to not even be used.
                      >
                      >i mean, what's the sense of having to check another folder just to delete 99% of the stuff there. may as well just let it go into the inbox and delete it instantly without messing around!
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                    • Harryh
                      As far as I know, there is NO spam detection scheme that is perfect.  The Internet was not designed for security but for ease of use.  We suffer in spite of
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                      • 0 Attachment
                        As far as I know, there is NO spam detection scheme that is perfect.  The Internet was not designed for security but for ease of use.  We suffer in spite of a bunch of schemes.  The price is spam.  If only ISPs would really enforce their TOS; if only Yahoo would actually act on group generated spam; if only...

                        --- On Tue, 10/4/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:

                        From: Rob <rob.weigle@...>
                        Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                        To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
                        Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 6:11 AM

                        I too get some false positives. And  yes I check my spam folder for those. I was hoping I could just leave the junk in there and it the software would make it go away.
                         




                        >________________________________
                        >From: Harryh <harryh89@...>
                        >To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                        >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:03 AM
                        >Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                        >
                        >

                        >I suppose since I get a bunch of spam on a regular basis, I must check the folder regularly.  I must check because the Yahoo spam detection often has false positives.  It's interesting the Gmail has many fewer false positives and further Gmail seems to reject some spam at their gateway.  As a result of the false positives I check the spam folder and manually delete messages on each visit.
                        >
                        >If I've been away for a few days the spam folder can accumulate >500 messages so checking can be a PITA, but it must be done.
                        >
                        >--- On Mon, 10/3/11, Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >
                        >>From: Lorrie <minilorrie@...>
                        >>Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                        >>To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                        >>Date: Monday, October 3,
                        2011, 11:06 AM
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>So delete them yourself - how hard is that??  Only takes a couple of clicks.  Why do people expect Yahoo to do everything for them??
                        >>
                        >>Lorrie
                        >> 
                        >>
                        >>--- On Mon, 10/3/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> 
                        >>>
                        >>>
                        >>> 
                        >>>
                        >>> 
                        >>>>
                        >>>In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway. Customer Service 'refreshed' my account (whatever that means) and I had to wait a week to see if it took. It didn't! Now I have to wait another week to see if what they tried this time worked.
                        >>>
                        >>>
                        >>
                        >>
                        >
                        >
                        >


                        ------------------------------------

                        ***
                        DISCLAIMER : Please note that this is a discussion group only. We do not provide official support.
                        YAHOO MAIL OFFICIAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT is  available at : http://is.gd/54K8A
                        ***Yahoo! Groups Links

                        <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/join
                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                            Y-Mail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Harryh
                        You obviously get less mail than I.  The spam filter helps reduce the clutter in my inbox.  Once in the spam folder I can rapidly screen the messages and
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                        • 0 Attachment
                          You obviously get less mail than I.  The spam filter helps reduce the clutter in my inbox.  Once in the spam folder I can rapidly screen the messages and remove the false positives.

                          I must admit I belong to a bunch of groups that have long been subsumed by spammers but remain marginally useful.  I know I or other might regain control, but it's effort I'd rather not make.

                          --- On Tue, 10/4/11, fredbisard <fredbisard@...> wrote:

                          From: fredbisard <fredbisard@...>
                          Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 6:53 AM



                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
                          >

                          never have figured the sense of a spam folder and i have mine set to not even be used.

                          i mean, what's the sense of having to check another folder just to delete 99% of the stuff there. may as well just let it go into the inbox and delete it instantly without messing around!


                        • Sasafrass452
                          That s why I never use an email provider s built in spam detection. Too many legit emails get marked as spam while real spam sometimes slips through to the
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                          • 0 Attachment
                            That's why I never use an email provider's built in spam detection. Too many legit emails get marked as spam while real spam sometimes slips through to the inbox. The problem is that they don't know the email addresses you receive mail from.... only you do. And most webmail providers don't have adequate message filters, which is why I use Thunderbird. The key is a "NOT in addressbook" filter. While this may not be perfect for everyone, it does eliminate 100% of the spam from your inbox while leaving the legit mail there, provided the address is in your addressbook. This is where it isn't perfect for everyone, particularly with business correspondence. But if you're like me & rarely get a legit email from an unknown address, then it's by far the single best way to handle spam.
                            
                            **Sasafrass452**
                            http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

                            On 10/04/2011 11:27 AM, Harryh wrote:  

                            As far as I know, there is NO spam detection scheme that is perfect.  The Internet was not designed for security but for ease of use.  We suffer in spite of a bunch of schemes.  The price is spam.  If only ISPs would really enforce their TOS; if only Yahoo would actually act on group generated spam; if only...

                            --- On Tue, 10/4/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:

                            From: Rob <rob.weigle@...>
                            Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                            To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
                            Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 6:11 AM

                            I too get some false positives. And  yes I check my spam folder for those. I was hoping I could just leave the junk in there and it the software would make it go away.
                             




                            >________________________________
                            >From: Harryh <harryh89@...>
                            >To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                            >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:03 AM
                            >Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                            >
                            >

                            >I suppose since I get a bunch of spam on a regular basis, I must check the folder regularly.  I must check because the Yahoo spam detection often has false positives.  It's interesting the Gmail has many fewer false positives and further Gmail seems to reject some spam at their gateway.  As a result of the false positives I check the spam folder and manually delete messages on each visit.
                            >
                            >If I've been away for a few days the spam folder can accumulate >500 messages so checking can be a PITA, but it must be done.
                            >
                            >--- On Mon, 10/3/11, Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:
                            >
                            >
                            >>From: Lorrie <minilorrie@...>
                            >>Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                            >>To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                            >>Date: Monday, October 3,
                            2011, 11:06 AM
                            >>
                            >>
                            >>
                            >>
                            >>
                            >>So delete them yourself - how hard is that??  Only takes a couple of clicks.  Why do people expect Yahoo to do everything for them??
                            >>
                            >>Lorrie
                            >> 
                            >>
                            >>--- On Mon, 10/3/11, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> 
                            >>>
                            >>>
                            >>> 
                            >>>
                            >>> 
                            >>>>
                            >>>In the option settings I have it set to delete after 1 week. When I checked a week ago, there were messages which had been there for several weeks anyway. Customer Service 'refreshed' my account (whatever that means) and I had to wait a week to see if it took. It didn't! Now I have to wait another week to see if what they tried this time worked.
                            >>>
                            >>>
                            >>
                            >>
                            >
                            >
                            >


                            ------------------------------------

                            ***
                            DISCLAIMER : Please note that this is a discussion group only. We do not provide official support.
                            YAHOO MAIL OFFICIAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT is  available at : http://is.gd/54K8A
                            ***Yahoo! Groups Links

                            <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Y-Mail/join
                                (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                Y-Mail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                            <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • G Pollara
                            agree with you Henrique - i have a similar experience (though prob a few less emails / day). From: Henrique Junior To:
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
                            • 0 Attachment
                              agree with you Henrique - i have a similar experience (though prob a few less emails / day).

                              From: Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...>
                              To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
                              Sent: Tuesday, 4 October 2011, 15:24
                              Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder

                               
                              I have no complains about Yahoo's SPAM detection system. I use my mail for almost everything: work, contact my family, a lot of discussion lists and it is very common that I receive over 150 emails a day, but even with all this flux, probably the system generates one or two false positives a month. That sounds very impressive to me.

                              --
                              Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                              >________________________________
                              >From: fredbisard <fredbisard@...>
                              >To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                              >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:53 AM
                              >Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: SPAM Folder
                              >
                              >

                              >
                              >
                              >--- In
                              href="mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com">Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> My SPAM folder is not emptying as I have specified to Spamguard. Is anyone else having this problem?
                              >>
                              >
                              >never have figured the sense of a spam folder and i have mine set to not even be used.
                              >
                              >i mean, what's the sense of having to check another folder just to delete 99% of the stuff there. may as well just let it go into the inbox and delete it instantly without messing around!
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >


                            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.