Has Yahoo made any official announcement or acknowledgement of the email issues?

  • rachel.wade
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
      For at least a week now my yahoo email accounts have been acting up and have been a nightmare to use. This seems to be happening to so many people; why can't I find where yahoo has come out and addressed this publicly?

      I have been with Yahoo since the 1990's but this just unacceptable. Thinking it's time to switch my primary service…
    • Robin Siegel
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
        There were several weeks during the summer (after my account was converted over to the new mail) when I too had very intermittent service. I continued to notify Yahoo via Help of each problem, never heard back, but eventually it was straightened out. Maybe this is a batch or server-by-server operation and now it's the server you're on? I wouldn't give up just yet.

        Robin

        For at least a week now my yahoo email accounts have been acting up and have been a nightmare to use. This seems to be happening to so many people; why can't I find where yahoo has come out and addressed this publicly?

        I have been with Yahoo since the 1990's but this just unacceptable. Thinking it's time to switch my primary service…

      • fredbisard
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rachel.wade" <rachelwade70@...> wrote:

          > For at least a week now my yahoo email accounts have been acting up and have been a nightmare to use. This seems to be happening to so many people; why can't I find where yahoo has come out and addressed this publicly?
          >
          > I have been with Yahoo since the 1990's but this just unacceptable. Thinking it's time to switch my primary service…

          the new yahoo is just a plain nightmare anyway!

          i've already told everyone in my contact list that unless they are sending an attachment other than a simple picture or maybe a pdf, to send it to my gmail, which i have ALWAYS hated. can't send squat for attachments through gmail although it does waste your time scanning them for virus'

          i've been using yahoo as my main mail since 1997 and have gone through some horrific upgrades, although was always able to get back to the classic version, but that can't be done now without jumping through MAJOR hoops. guess it's pretty much time to kiss this e-mail good-bye. hopefully, ms or some one else, buys them out and fixes this junk!!
        • Monica Shannon
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
            I agree 100%. This is unacceptable!

            > For at least a week now my yahoo email accounts have been acting up and have been a nightmare to use. This seems to be happening to so many people; why can't I find where yahoo has come out and addressed this publicly?
            >
            > I have been with Yahoo since the 1990's but this just unacceptable. Thinking it's time to switch my primary service…

            the new yahoo is just a plain nightmare anyway!

            i've already told everyone in my contact list that unless they are sending an attachment other than a simple picture or maybe a pdf, to send it to my gmail, which i have ALWAYS hated. can't send squat for attachments through gmail although it does waste your time scanning them for virus'

            i've been using yahoo as my main mail since 1997 and have gone through some horrific upgrades, although was always able to get back to the classic version, but that can't be done now without jumping through MAJOR hoops. guess it's pretty much time to kiss this e-mail good-bye. hopefully, ms or some one else, buys them out and fixes this junk!!

          • GuillaumeB
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
              Wow those are pretty determined reactions toward the product.

              I understand your frustration. I sometimes ru into some problems myself, mostly with the Yahoo Mail Messenger module. Other than that I have to say the new version run much more smoothly that the previous Ajax version. Also it seems to me that this new version is way faster than any previous ones.

              But yeh some problems do occur from time to time

              Anyways i'm confident that the team does work hard on those. But it may be too slow for some