new yahoomail no icons

  • bryan t
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 25, 2011
      Problem: No icons/pic on new yahoomail (ie. the reload button on the right of the Inbox works but has no icon/pic.same for buttons on the right of spam, trash, folder and online contacts)

      OS: XP
      Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Opera,Chromium (same experience)
      I've already updated Java, flash, disabled my antivirus Avira and still the problem persists.

      But in Ubuntu and Crunchbang, the icons/pic are present. I'm using chromium in those OSs

      Please tell me what you know on how to solve this. Thanks.
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 26, 2011

        >Problem:
        No icons/pic on new yahoomail (ie. the reload button on the right of
        the Inbox works but has no icon/pic.same for buttons on the right of
        spam, trash, folder and online contacts)

        >OS: XP
        >Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Opera,Chromium (same experience)
        >I've already updated Java, flash, disabled my antivirus Avira and still the problem persists.

        Bryan,

        Have you tried deleting your cookies and Internet temp files?
      • Lisa Esposito
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 28, 2011
          Does anybody have this problem:

          Every 20 minutes I have a pop up window that says:

           "Ertha Kirschner would like to add you to his or her online contacts list.   Accept/Decline
          Ertha Kirschner : Hi.  Please add me to your Yahoo messenger contact list so we can chat.  Thanks."

          I don't know who this is and I keep declining and I also "x" the box out but it keeps coming up.  This has been happening for about a week now and won't go away.  What is this about and how do I get rid of it?

          Thanks.

        • Henrique Junior
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 28, 2011
            From time to time I have this problem too, but this is not Yahoo's fault, it is some kind of "spam via messenger" with people asking you to see them in the webcam performing some kind of pornographic/erotic action. You can just block this people.

            --
            Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
              Any body has any idea where to go and check my bouncing e mails and make it normal?

              Thanks
              Debbie

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                Are you talking about emails you sent to someone are bouncing or are you talking about a yahoogroup that has you as bouncing?

                Kathy

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                  It sounds like IMs popping.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                    Kathy

                    1) Bouncing e mails from the yahoo group

                    2) When this happens I cannot send e mails, it says there is problem. When I delete these e mails, I am able to send e mails. This happens all the time so I deleted all my yahoo groups. Which is not right. I should be able to join the yahoo groups

                    3) Yahoo has become such a nuisance, because of my work and friends I am stuck with Yahoo

                    4) I do have G mails account too and that works fine

                    5) But I want to keep Yahoo if you someone helps me resolve these issues

                    6) I sent several customer help, no response or solution

                    Any help I would really appreciate

                    Thanks
                    Vic

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                      Not sure what is IMs popping?

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                        I have two thoughts. Your question made me wonder the same thing that Kathy has mentioned. It also appears that your question Debbie was off topic for this thread. so I changed the subject in my reply.

                        ________________________________

                      • Debbie May
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                          Rob

                          You are right my mistake. I should have started a new topic

                          Sorry
                          Debbie

                          ymailto="mailto:debbie66621%40yahoo.com">debbie66621@...> wrote:

                          >>From: Debbie May <debbie66621@...>

                          >>To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
                          >>Date: Thursday, September 29, 2011, 7:38 AM
                          >>

                          >>Any body has any idea where to go and check my bouncing e mails and make it normal?
                          >>
                          >>Thanks
                          >>Debbie

                        • Rob
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                            > Bouncing e mails from the yahoo group
                            Debbie,
                            Deleting you Yahoo groups may have been a bit drastic a step.
                            First delete your cookies and cache (to rule out a  browser-related problem). Then go to each of your yahoo groups and issue a reactivation request. This will clear the bouncing status when you respond to the message which is sent.
                          • Rob
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                              >Not sure what is IMs popping?
                              Debbie,
                              Not to worry. The IM comment was most likely directed at the original poster.
                            • Henrique Junior
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                                IM = Instant Messaging.
                                In this case, unrequested messages that sometimes came via Yahoo Messenger.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 29, 2011
                                  Debbie,

                                  > 1) Bouncing e mails from the yahoo group

                                  Are you referring to emails arriving back in your Yahoo mail account when you attempt to post to a Yahoo Group? If so, is the reported problem something like "not a member"?

                                  > 2) When this happens I cannot send e mails, it says there is problem.
                                  > When I delete these e mails, I am able to send e mails. This happens all
                                  > the time so I deleted all my yahoo groups. Which is not right. I should
                                  > be able to join the yahoo groups

                                  You may use any email service to receive messages from a Yahoo Group.

                                  Check the settings of your group memberships here:

                                  Check the status and options of your email accounts here:

                                  If the email address you want to use to receive messages from your groups is not in that list, add and verify it. Use the "Show History" links to see if Yahoo Groups has had any errors trying to send messages to each of your addresses. Use the "Edit" links to set options for each of your email addresses.

                                  > 4) I do have G mails account too and that works fine

                                  Lots of people use gmail to receive messages from Yahoo Groups. Others, like me, use their ISP email address. It is mostly a matter of personal preference.

                                  > 5) But I want to keep Yahoo if you someone helps me resolve these issues

                                  That ought to work too. The more exactly you can describe what you did and what happened the better our chances of figuring it out.

                                  -- Shal
                                • Debbie May
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 30, 2011
                                    Shal

                                    Not arriving back but I am not receiving them and bouncing back to the group saying "account is suspended"

                                    It does not say not a member

                                    When this happens I cannot send e mails to anyone.

                                    I removed myself from all the groups and my e mails work ok now but this is not the way you fix this problem. Yahoo can do better
                                    So I joined certain groups from my G Mail account and I have no problems at all there but I got lot of friends in Yahoo, so I am trying if somehow this can be fixed

                                    Thanks

                                    > 1) Bouncing e mails from the yahoo group

                                    Are you referring to emails arriving back in your Yahoo mail account when you attempt to post to a Yahoo Group? If so, is the reported problem something like "not a member"?

                                    > 2) When this happens I cannot send e mails, it says there is problem.
                                    > When I delete these e mails, I am able to send e mails. This happens all
                                    > the time so I deleted all my yahoo groups. Which is not right. I should
                                    > be able to join the yahoo groups

                                    You may use any email service to receive messages from a Yahoo Group.

                                    Check the settings of your group memberships here:

                                    Check the status and options of your email accounts here:

                                    If the email address you want to use to receive messages from your groups is not in that list, add and verify it. Use the "Show History" links to see if Yahoo Groups has had any errors trying to send messages to each of your addresses. Use the "Edit" links to set options for each of your email addresses.

                                    > 4) I do have G mails account too and that works fine

                                    Lots of people use gmail to receive messages from Yahoo Groups. Others, like me, use their ISP email address. It is mostly a matter of personal preference.

                                    > 5) But I want to keep Yahoo if you someone helps me resolve these issues

                                    That ought to work too. The more exactly you can describe what you did and what happened the better our chances of figuring it out.

                                    -- Shal

                                  • bryan
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 30, 2011
                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob <rob.weigle@...> wrote:

                                      > �
                                      > >Problem:
                                      > No icons/pic on new yahoomail (ie. the reload button on the right of
                                      > the Inbox works but has no icon/pic.same for buttons on the right of
                                      > spam, trash, folder and online contacts)
                                      > >
                                      > >OS: XP
                                      > >Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Opera,Chromium (same experience)
                                      > >I've already updated Java, flash, disabled my antivirus Avira and still the problem persists.
                                      > >
                                      > Bryan,
                                      >
                                      > Have you tried deleting your cookies and Internet temp files?
                                      >already did that.
                                    • Shal Farley
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 30, 2011
                                        Debbie,

                                        > Not arriving back but I am not receiving them and bouncing back to the
                                        > group saying "account is suspended"

                                        I'm afraid I don't have a good grasp on what you're saying. Are you reading something that says "account is suspended", and if so what, or is someone telling you that they are getting this message when attempting to send a message to your Yahoo mail address.

                                        > When this happens I cannot send e mails to anyone.

                                        This is the part I don't understand. What stops you? Are you unable to sign in to Yahoo or at what point in the attempt to send an email are you stopped?

                                        > I removed myself from all the groups and my e mails work ok now but this
                                        > is not the way you fix this problem. Yahoo can do better

                                        This also does not make sense to me. Membership in Yahoo Groups shouldn't have any direct effect on your ability to use Yahoo Mail. There must be something else going on that I'm not seeing.

                                        > So I joined certain groups from my G Mail account and I have no problems
                                        > at all there but I got lot of friends in Yahoo, so I am trying if
                                        > somehow this can be fixed

                                        Another thing I don't understand. How does staying in touch with your friends depend on using a Yahoo Mail address rather than a gmail or other address? Or do you mean something else?

                                        -- Shal
                                      • js_monkey
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 3, 2011
                                          Sounds like the user is attempting to add you to their messenger list. If you don't know them, just block them.

                                          - Chris