Yahoo ate my inbox!

  • Michael W. (Yahoo!)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hey,

      I was in the process of downloading some POP mail through the beta interface and got some error messages. I shut down the browser and reloaded Yahoo Mail, but when I did, every message in my Inbox was totally gone.

      I store a lot of important mail in the Inbox as it seemed like a safe place, and now they've disappeared. I am not a happy camper. Is it possible to have mail restored from some online backup somewhere, or am I out of luck? (welcome to beta testing...)

      This happened once before a few months, but it was when I was accessing my inbox from my cell phone and before I joined the beta test.

      Thanks
      Michael
    • Chris Price
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2006
        Before getting too upset - humor me and do a Find Message on one you know was there.

        I've had intermittent problems where the server doesn't display my messages - especially if I've read them already. However, a Find displays them and in the 'Inbox' location.

        Chris.

        I was in the process of downloading some POP mail through the beta interface and got some error messages. I shut down the browser and reloaded Yahoo Mail, but when I did, every message in my Inbox was totally gone.

        I store a lot of important mail in the Inbox as it seemed like a safe place, and now they've disappeared. I am not a happy camper. Is it possible to have mail restored from some online backup somewhere, or am I out of luck? (welcome to beta testing...)

        This happened once before a few months, but it was when I was accessing my inbox from my cell phone and before I joined the beta test.

        Thanks
        Michael

        Expert advice Expert Advice
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS