"SmartComplete." an unwanted "feature"

  • mcyr1313
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
      "SmartComplete is an intuitive feature that will suggest email addresses
      based on contacts that you have recently communicated with in the past
      even if they are not stored in your address book.

      Presently, it is not possible to disable SmartComplete or manually
      delete these contacts from the list."

      This ridiculous "feature" essentially means that you can not delete obsolete and unwanted email address from your Contacts list.

      At the very least it should be possible to disable this feature.
    • Silk
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
        Are you referng to new mail or classic.. Actually auto complete is aa very hand feature,
        And in classic used to be in the subject line of a new email it worked. In Classic it can be disabled. In Internet Explorer click tools..option..content..there is auto complete.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
          They are not talking about autocomplete in Internet Explorer.

          The issue here is the smart email address predictor in New Mail. I think this is an excellent feature, whereby it predicts the most common people you email as you type their name. I think this one of new Yahoo Mail's strongest features. This is not available in Classic as far as I know.

          If you want to delete contacts email address, you can still do so. Also if you stop emailing someone, they will gradually slip down the order of predicted email addresses, so they won't come up as often.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
            In one case, I removed an old hotmail address (that had been hacked) and replaced it with her new gmail address in the contacts, and yet the old hacked address comes up as the preferred address many months later. It worked fine before conversion - but after conversion, suddenly the hotmail address (which was long gone from my contacts) was back as the preferred address. No way to delete it since it was no longer there, I just have to be vigilant every time I insert an email address.

            Robin

            From: Silk <silkvain@...>