Re: [Y-Mail] Compromised account not receiving messages anymore

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011
      Karalee,

      > All my e-mail and contacts have been deleted.

      Contact Customer Care promptly to see if they can restore the deleted information:
      <http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/contacts/spam-03.html>

      Read the whole page, it says there's 24-hour time limit on restoring your contacts... But maybe you'll get lucky.

      > I was able to reset the password and can access my account, and while I
      > can send e-mail I don't seem to be receiving any in my inbox or replies
      > to e-mails I've sent and confirmed have been received.
      >
      > I've checked my settings and I don't have forwarding set up and I don't
      > have blocked addresses, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

      I've read that these criminals tend to set up a filter so that you won't receive any warnings from friends who get the spam. If not a filter, check all the rest of the settings.

      -- Shal