Re: [Y-Mail] Compromised account not receiving messages anymore

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011
      It does appear that your account was indeed hacked. Did you check your spam & trash folders, to see if emails are being deleted? Is there a filter set up to delete all messages?

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

      On 09/03/2011 01:28 PM, Karalee Bechtol wrote:

      Hi,

      Early this week it seems my Yahoo account was compromised.

      All my e-mail and contacts have been deleted.

      I was able to reset the password and can access my account, and while I can send e-mail I don't seem to be receiving any in my inbox or replies to e-mails I've sent and confirmed have been received.

      I've checked my settings and I don't have forwarding set up and I don't have blocked addresses, so I'm not sure what is wrong. Sadly it appears phone support is not available on the weekends so I'm on my own trying to troubleshoot this.

      Any troubleshooting suggestions?

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011
        Karalee,

        > All my e-mail and contacts have been deleted.

        Contact Customer Care promptly to see if they can restore the deleted information:
        <http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/contacts/spam-03.html>

        Read the whole page, it says there's 24-hour time limit on restoring your contacts... But maybe you'll get lucky.

        > I was able to reset the password and can access my account, and while I
        > can send e-mail I don't seem to be receiving any in my inbox or replies
        > to e-mails I've sent and confirmed have been received.
        >
        > I've checked my settings and I don't have forwarding set up and I don't
        > have blocked addresses, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

        I've read that these criminals tend to set up a filter so that you won't receive any warnings from friends who get the spam. If not a filter, check all the rest of the settings.

        -- Shal