Re: IMAP

  • Karin Corbeil
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2011
      I wondered the same thing.

      I have two yahoo accounts....one "Mail Plus" (premium) and one just
      regular.

      I was easily able to download the Mail Plus account via POP3 and by
      doing so it totally deleted the emails from the yahoo server.

      But now, ever since the New Yahoo Mail was put in place, it just deletes
      them from the Inbox and places them in Trash. So every now and then I
      had to go into the Yahoo account via the web and empty the Trash.

      I was trying to figure out a way to avoid doing this and that is when I
      started experimenting with IMAP. It's especially helpful in getting rid
      of the junk mail. And it's nice to have access to both accounts on one
      email client without having to login and logout and login again.

      But will Yahoo eventually prevent this and block non-premium users from
      downloading via IMAP?

      I also wonder if using IMAP for a desktop (or laptop) and not a mobile
      device might be construed as going against their terms of service????

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "audioguy22" <audioguy22@...> wrote:

      > ..ok ..i'm confused
      >

      > ...these IMAP settings work for me too !! ..using winxp /
      outtlook express 6

      > ....wonder why ?? yahoo would allow this to be down-loaded on a
      *FREE* (( READ : NON-premium )) email account ??