Re: Yahoo Beta with IE7

  • chris.price
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      I just posted about this in my new (un)official capacity here:

      http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/02/01/using-ie7-and-y-mail-beta/

      It's easier to grab a per-built .reg file from here:

      http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx

      Use the last one at the bottom of the page.

      Chris.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Pacheco"
      <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:

      > Chris,
      >
      > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
      > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
      >
      > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
      >
      > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
      > script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
      > registry editor.
      >
      > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
      > the lines.
      > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
      > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
      > ENCODING: ANSI
      >
      > Right-click ---- merge.
      >
      > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
      > What am I doing wrong.
      >
      > thanks,
      > Nelson
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
      > you merge
      > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
      > with the
      > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
      > the file.
      > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
      > time since I
      > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
      > >

      > > For God and Country,
      > > Sarah Flemming
      > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
      > >
      > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
      > established." --
      > > Proverbs 16:3

    • Trish
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
        Chris,

        That linked, worked perfectly. I just recenly (minutes, really) installed IE7, and ran the script, now my Y! Beta mail and IE7 work perfectly hand in hand! Thanks!

        -Trish.

        <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:

        > Chris,
        >
        > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
        > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
        >
        > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
        >
        > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
        > script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
        > registry editor.
        >
        > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
        > the lines.
        > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
        > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
        > ENCODING: ANSI
        >
        > Right-click ---- merge.
        >
        > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
        > What am I doing wrong.
        >
        > thanks,
        > Nelson
        >

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
        > you merge
        > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
        > with the
        > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
        > the file.
        > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
        > time since I
        > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
        > >

        > > For God and Country,
        > > Sarah Flemming
        > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
        > >
        > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
        > established." --
        > > Proverbs 16:3

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • S. E. Flemming
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
          Gee, this was sent two or three days ago. Discovered that there were dup
          lines and my reg was in slightly different than Chris'. Hand editing the
          keys did the trick.

          Thanks for the lead, Chris.

          Sarah

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
            Thanks Chris for the great info on merging Yahoo Beta with IE7. I
            am computer illiterate however I did figure out how to merge the old
            IE6 into the registry editor. Now I have this great IE7 interface
            along with the Yahoo Beta Email which I think is also great...just
            has a
            few kinks here and there. P.S. for those of you (like Me) who
            didn't quite get what to do...open up the below .reg file and save
            it to your desktop. then go to RUN and type REGEDIT to open up your
            registry editor. Click on Files and Import and chose the file you
            previously saved...and tada! BetaEmail works!
            Thanks again
            Janet

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "chris.price" <pricecs@...> wrote:

            > I just posted about this in my new (un)official capacity here:
            >
            > http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/02/01/using-ie7-and-y-mail-beta/
            >
            > It's easier to grab a per-built .reg file from here:
            >
            > http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx
            >
            > Use the last one at the bottom of the page.
            >
            > Chris.
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Pacheco"
            > <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Chris,
            > >
            > > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So
            you
            > > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
            > >
            > > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
            > >
            > > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a
            registry
            > > script. You can only import binary registry files from within
            the
            > > registry editor.
            > >
            > > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text
            between
            > > the lines.
            > > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
            > > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
            > > ENCODING: ANSI
            > >
            > > Right-click ---- merge.
            > >
            > > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other
            choices?
            > > What am I doing wrong.
            > >
            > > thanks,
            > > Nelson
            > >

            > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid.
            How do
            > > you merge
            > > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg"
            and
            > > with the
            > > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is
            open
            > > the file.
            > > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
            > > time since I
            > > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
            > > >

            > > > For God and Country,
            > > > Sarah Flemming
            > > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
            > > >
            > > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
            > > established." --
            > > > Proverbs 16:3

          • Chris Price
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
              Well - I wouldn't say IE7 is great :)

              Firefox is way better - and not in beta...

              Chris.

> [...]

              > > Nelson
              > >

              > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid.
              How do
              > > you merge
              > > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg"
              and
              > > with the
              > > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is
              open
              > > the file.
              > > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
              > > time since I
              > > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
              > > >

              > > > For God and Country,
              > > > Sarah Flemming
              > > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
              > > >
              > > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be

              Expert advice Expert Advice
              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

            • R . S a h a y
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2006
                Thanks Chris
                Your answer did it for me.
                IE7 and Yahoo mail beta is wonderful.
                I am a plus subscriber in India with .com email address.
                rrs