Re: new version, new feature

  • shazen27
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      I don't believe it's a minimum number of tabs, I think it has to do with the width of the browser. I.e. if you have your browser full screen you'll need more tabs to see the drop down, than if you decrease the width of the browser.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
        I think you're right.

        Well explained in latest Yahoo Mail Blog entry

        I don't believe it's a minimum number of tabs, I think it has to do with the width of the browser. I.e. if you have your browser full screen you'll need more tabs to see the drop down, than if you decrease the width of the browser.

        > Just noticed a new thing on this version. If you open a lot of tabs, then a little drop down artrow appears on the right most tab to show list of open tabs. Nice feature, but not sure why there's a minimum number of tabs required to bring this up. Still, looks tidy. Good work.
        >

        > Neo Version:
        > Build number: 1.10.0.2717
        > Build time: Mon Aug 22 21:53:46 PDT 2011

      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2011
          The dreaded day arrived.  I tried to login and got the message to upgrade with no other options.  However when I went to the page <http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/context/migrationv2.html>, I found in the middle what I was hoping for:

          "

          What if I don’t want to upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail?

          We strongly encourage you to upgrade so that you can experience all of the exciting new benefits that Yahoo! Mail has to offer. However, if you do not want to upgrade, please click here to use Yahoo! Mail Classic."  That <http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic> link did the trick.

          I had tried to use one of my standby solutions the FF extension "User switcher agent" which ID's me as an old browser, but the initial screen wasn't fooled.  Apparently Yahoo still understands I really have a newer browser.  I didn't try switching my screen resolution.

          I hope I don't need to always use the <http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic> link on each login, but I'll keep it handy.

        • Silk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
            Hi Silk... Well i keep saying you don't have to.. but.. Good for you...